At ASPIRE we are pioneers in the field of precision insect farming, optimizing the growth and harvesting of an underutilized natural resource in order to meet global demand for sustainable ingredients and materials. Our vision is A WORLD TRANSFORMED BY INSECT TECHNOLOGY.
We are currently seeking an experienced and dedicated General Accountant who shall hold the responsibility of being part of a team that is creating a best-in-class culture. The General Accountant is responsible for assisting the Finance team with the company's financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its business partner relationships, month end reporting, year end audit preparation and day-to-day administration support at the Aspire Food Group Canada Ltd. subsidiary. This position will participate in general accounting, purchasing, internal auditing, cost accounting, and budgetary control activities.
This role is located on-site in London, Ontario, and will report to the Controller.SHIFT STRUCTURE
This role will primarily work Monday to Friday, day shift, however, work outside of standard working hours is required as needed, to effectively support the location's 24/7 operation.HOW YOU WILL MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS THAT MATTER
- Promote a Health and Safety, Food Safety and GMP Culture by adhering to company standards at all times.
- Responsible for processing all A/P and A/R transactions into the ERP system.
- Verification of account codes and approvals for proper assignment of budgetary expenditures.
- Responsible for preparing bi-weekly payroll and calculating source deductions and remittances.
- Assist with accruals and prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations and other month end adjustments.
- Contribute in variance analysis, investigate irregularities and propose corrections.
- Provide financial information by preparing special reports; completing special projects as required to support department teams.
- Assist with year end audit preparation and audit inquiries.
- Assist in developing and maintaining policy and procedure documentation for financial and accounting practices.
- Maintain up-to-date, complete and systematic electronic filing systems to support accounting and financial records.
- Support tracking and reporting requirements for ESG and sustainability requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field required.
- Experience administering payroll is required.
- Working towards a CPA designation is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in an accounting role.
- Excellent understanding of general accounting practices, procedures and principles.
- Experience in manufacturing an asset.
- Thrives in a fast-paced dynamic start up environment.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and perform tasks outside of the traditional job description.
- Strong work ethic, proactive and get-it-done right the first-time philosophy.
- Proficiency with Oracle NetSuite, payroll software and the MS Suite of programs.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- System implementation experience is an asset.
GET EXCITED ABOUT ASPIRE
- Aspire has assembled the largest body of research on cricket biology and production in the world.
- We are pioneering the industry by customizing, synthesizing and integrating cutting-edge technologies, including an Advanced Automation ASRS, IoT-Enabled Data Accumulation, Artificial Intelligence and Selective Breeding and Biological Optimization processes.
- We offer a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, medical benefits, STD/LTD, RRSP and Stock Option plans.
Aspire welcomes all applicants and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Department of any required accommodation needs