The EHS Specialist will serve this vital role for our facility in London, Ontario. You will be responsible for supporting the development, implementation, maintenance, monitoring, and continuous improvement of our Environment, Health and Safety programs. You will ensure compliance with Federal, Provincial and Local Regulatory Requirements as well as Danaher and Trojan requirements.
Reporting to the Global EHS Manager, the EHS Specialist will have the ability to build cross-functional relationships among Trojan Technologies, Water platform and Danaher teams.
WORKPLACE HEALTH, SAFETY and ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
- Ensures compliance with Trojan Technologies / Danaher policies and procedures, along with all federal, provincial and local governmental EHS regulations. This includes written programs, record keeping, reports, inspections, monitoring, testing, training and medical surveillance per guidelines. Maintain compliance with air and water permits. Perform required inspections and audits for all permit requirements.
- Delivers environmental, health and safety training programs to ensure employee’s knowledge, understanding and adherence to safety and environmental regulations pertaining to the safe operation of the facility.
- Conduct regular walk-throughs (Gemba) of the plant to monitor behaviors, activities and conditions and to coach and mentor associates.
- Review proposed new chemicals, processes, equipment, machinery, etc. with the use of the Management of Change process.
- Coordinate incident investigations with effective root cause investigation and countermeasure implementation.
- Responsible for WSIB claims management (Workers Compensation); partnering with Leaders on all return to work & modified work programs to ensure successful & safe integration of Associates in the workplace
- Develops and executes actions to continuously improve the maturity of the EHS Program through the Danaher EHS Capabilities Playbook.
- Develops, implements and coordinates all Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomic activities.
- Complete routine safety reports as directed by manager
- Complete risk assessments for jobs where duties, location, and/or equipment changes occur.
- Support resource for the Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Participates in daily management and KPI reviews to provide support and consolidate DBS activities across the plant.
- Manage hazardous waste management program: documents, inspections, handling, storage and disposal.
- Oversees emergency and response activities in the event of a serious emergency such as a fire, explosion or chemical spill.
- Collect information, complete, and submit regulatory required environmental reports
- Prepare any non-compliance notification for regulatory agencies and oversee corrective measures prescribed for non-compliance issues.
- Continuous improvement of EHS by benchmarking industry best practices, and keeping abreast of changing legislation
Measures of Performance
- EHS Capabilities Playbook
- Injury/Illness Metrics
- Environmental reduction project execution and targets
- Timely, effective delivery of all projects
- Effectively manage relationships with business leaders and associates
Critical Competencies / Leadership Anchors
- Requires to focus on leading EHS indicators to drive long term improvement goals including human behavior focus - Charts the course
- Observes and seeks information from teams to improve EHS processes and engagement - Drives Innovation and Growth
- Utilizes Danaher EHS Playbook, Layered Process Audits, and other tools to leverage EHS across the organization – Leads through DBS
- Motivates and engages teams by asking for their input and is open to new perspectives - Builds People, Teams & Organizations
- Is not afraid to take a stand; exhibits courage in making decisions within own area, seeking guidance as necessary – Models Humility, Transparency, and Integrity
- Strong communication skills and ability to be creative in style and approach
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an environment, health and safety role.
- CRSP designation preferred
- Experience with laboratories and environmental sustainability best practices an asset
- Strong working knowledge of OHSA, EPA, and industry applicable regulations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Is this You?
You are a passionate self-starter who is interested in a challenging, results-driven position. You have a desire to join a fast-growing, customer-focused company making big waves in the water space. You enjoy helping people, people like and trust you, and you thrive in a team environment. Dive In - Have Impact.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture! These are not just words on a page—Diversity, and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values!
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.