Automation Senior PLC Programmer
Design and implement logical, organized PLC and HMI programs to produce efficient, fully functional automation system control that meets specifications within the timeline and budget provided.
- Create functional PLC and HMI Programs offline using mechanical and controls design and information.
- Develop and implement the communication and IO interfacing between devices and systems
- Install offline program into the machine and troubleshoot IO, communications, machine function (with machine build team) errors and faults that occur within the program
- Develop a safety PLC program in accordance with CSA Standards for the automated system and complete testing with system engineer guidance to ensure proper function
- Increased understanding of communication between machinery and functionality of custom equipment by gathering and reviewing documentation of devices
- Identify inefficiencies within the process along with entire machine build and systems team and make adjustments for improvement
- Work with customers, project managers, designers, millwrights and electricians to solve problems in order to provide customers with a complete functional system
- Commission the equipment at the customer location by testing the interfacing between equipment, setting up communications between devices, performing I/O checks and completing unit tests
- Mentor programmers of varying experience in automation integration
- Develop, program and test single or multi-axis automated motion systems that are reliable and safe enough for industrial environments
- Integration & troubleshooting of controls & devices for automated motion systems
- Completing documentation of motion system performance and capabilities
- Develop G-code in a simplified form that allows the end user to make basic modifications to the paths, if touch-ups are needed to the part
- A Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering and/or sufficient industry experience and training
- Minimum 5 years PLC experience in automation/custom machine build field
- Preference given to those familiar with Magna standards and expectations
- Computer Expertise: Windows10, Microsoft Office, PLC Programming software, HMI Programming software
- Knowledge of custom machine building and processes including vision, laser, assembly, welding, etc.
- Ability to work openly in a team environment and communicate ideas and problems clearly to projects team
- Strong ability to work with Allen Bradley Studio 5000 software and Factory Talk View HMI development. (Additional controller platforms will be considered an advantage)
- Understanding of Ontario Electrical Code and Electrical Circuits
- Knowledge of pneumatics and pneumatic circuit function
- Familiarity with how the different systems interface to the PLC
- Familiarity with common industrial networking protocols.
- Knowledge of CSA Safety Standards
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills and able to participate in high-level machine operation discussions
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Effective research and Information gathering
- Ability to work openly in a team environment and communicate ideas and problems clearly to the projects team
- Creativity and decision making
- Troubleshooting and communicating clearly and concisely
- Ability to meet deadlines and execute multiple project tasks.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. BOS welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible work hours
- Profit Sharing
- Multiple extended health care plans to choose from
- Subsidized lunch program
- Training development program
- Monthly staff appreciation lunches & socials
- Bi-annual company events
- Career planning & goal setting
- Employee recognition program
- Performance appraisal program
- BOS promotional clothing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer supported volunteer program
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job