|Date Posted:||Mar 03, 2023|
|Compensation range:||$18 ~ $20 Per Hour|
Plastic Extrusion Operator
Quest Brands Inc. is a proud, family-owned Canadian company. We are a leading North American manufacturer of quality Construction & Safety, Home & Garden, and Winter Preparation products.
About the Job:
Working for the Shift Supervisor/Shift Lead and with other Production staff this position is responsible for ensuring that each extrusion and film machine produced product is produced to its highest quality, that the production area and equipment are kept clean and well maintained while ensuring that all health and safety standards are met.
· Produce products maintaining at least the minimum set-out rate of speed as set out by the Shift Supervisor/Shift Lead and to a very high level of quality.
· Supports the Maintenance Technician in shift set ups and problem solves issues that are brought to their attention as able, as they arise, whenever they arise.
· Line change-overs including die and former as required by scheduling.
· Monitors and adjusts extruder as needed to ensure good quality at maximum efficiency.
· Ensure all scrap materials are disposed of accordingly (grinder, boxed etc.) and area is clean and free of debris
· Maintain the “tools of the trade” (machines, work benches and associated tools) in good working order and report all maintenance needs to the Shift Lead in a timely manner.
· Accurately record all data required in a timely manner.
· Ensure all health and safety standards are met
· Valid Forklift certificate is an asset
· Positions available on days, afternoons and night shifts
· Access to reliable transportation preferred; location on bus route
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location