job requisition id
At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We’re a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.?Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we’ve grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter–from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
Overview of the Role
Responsible for all activities and education related to health and safety, legislation. Providing guidance to our employees to adopt the best behavior and procedures to reflect the priority and focus we have on health and safety. This role acts as an ambassador of our culture and values and will be responsible for the facilities in Ontario: Tavistock and St. Marys.
How you will make contributions that matter:
- Collaborate closely with peer group in executing company safety policies by providing training and education to ensure that employees follow Corporate and Governmental Safety Standards.
- Work in collaboration with the Corporate Health & Safety team as well as other Ontario Regional Health & Safety Specialists to foster and promote a culture of employee engagement and continuous learning.
- Influence change though comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis and proactively review and execute safety programs.
- Conduct frontline employee risk review and hazard assessments.
- Assist in the administration of SAI360 (safety software).
- Provide guidance and review of site incidents in developing supervisor’s skills in investigating and preparing detailed reports with strong corrective actions.
- Audit the facilities for legislative and corporate compliance and associated conditions to ensure that training, and preventative measures are addressing areas of opportunity.
- Partner with local agencies to develop strong relationships while developing a knowledge base within the dairy/food industry.
You are best suited for the role if you have the following qualifications:
- A degree/diploma in Health and Safety or equivalent work experience. Registered as Canadian registered safety professional (CRSP) is preferred.
- 2-3 years of Health and Safety experience in a medium to large organization.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Human and Organizational Performance, CSA standards and Ontario provincial regulations.
- Ability to support all shifts and travel other sites as required.
- Recognized leadership and autonomy, excellent communication, planning and work organization skills.
- Team oriented and strong ability to engage people.
- Proficiency reporting in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint with the ability to learn other online systems.
- Bilingual, French and English, an asset.
We support and care for our employees and their families by providing:
- Competitive salaries
- Advantageous corporate agreements
- Full range of group insurance benefits
- Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
- Purchase option of company stocks
- Group RRSP
- Health and wellness program in the workplace
- Assistance program for employees and their families
- Saputo products at a discounted price
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
Saputo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations up to the point of undue hardship are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Our story began in Canada in 1954, when the Saputo family's hard work and dedication created a thriving dairy business. More than 65 years later, our roots in this country remain strong with our Corporate Headquarters in Montréal. Today, we are a leading cheese manufacturer and fluid milk and cream processor in Canada with well-loved brands, such as Saputo, Alexis de Portneuf, Armstrong, Baxter, Dairyland, Joyya, Milk2Go, Milk2Go Sport, Neilson, Nutrilait, Scotsburn* and Woolwich Goat Dairy. Thanks to our national footprint, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and consumers, and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in Canada, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/canada-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy Products Canada team to make your contributions matter every day!
* SCOTSBURN is a registered trademark and is used under license by Saputo Dairy Products Canada G.P.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purposes only. All open jobs offered by Saputo Inc. and all companies, corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships and other entities controlled by Saputo Inc. (collectively, “Saputo”) on Saputo's web site are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a Saputo subsidiary, office or department, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance. The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While Saputo attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting. Strict confidentiality will be observed at all times. Saputo is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Saputo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations may be available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.