Engineering Technician (CNC Programming)
We heard you knock!
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Willing to work occasional weekends and extended hours during the work week as needed and be flexible to schedule changes.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Attend training programs offered by the Company.
- Communicate with coworkers and supervisors in a clear and professional manner.
- Pay close attention to workmanship detail and adhere to tight tolerances.
- Read and Interpret Blueprints
- Read technical drawings and set up the machines in accordance with these blueprints
- Use computer software to model cutting paths and program machines accordingly
- Perform quality assurance tests to ensure products meet design specifications
- Adjust machine cutting paths or settings to optimize production while maintaining quality
- Consider tools required to cut materials and program machines accordingly
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with machines as they arise
- Perform basic machine maintenance such as cleaning and sharpening
- Train new employees on how to properly operate CNC machines and programs
- Work with/support the sales team and customers with design intent, construction requirements, machine requirements
- Work indirectly and directly with customers on custom projects
- Collect data to create quality documents, such as Quality alerts, quality check sheets and control documents
- Collet data to create process documents, such as Work instruction/SOP’s and general production documents/form
- Manage/lead goals and individual projects
- Assist with Capital projects
- Work with production on continues improvement goals
- Manage and produce custom departments custom schedule
- Design and source new tooling for production (CNC, Machining, Moulder, Jambs)
Design Intent/Design Language:
- Work closely with Product Managers, and cross-functional teams to ensure design language and products continually align with business objectives.
- Follow through with engineering and manufacturing to optimize new products for production and maintain design intent, for both internally and externally designed products.
- Generate original and innovative ideas in brainstorming and concept exploration activities for assigned projects.
- Develop product styling, form, and functionality through sketches
- Develop CAD models to capture design intent, deliver design files using 3D CAD software, and CAD renderings to clearly communicate the design intent satisfying user, business, and technical requirements as needed.
- Create design documentation that is intended for production as needed, working in conjunction with Team Manager as required.
Maintain Equipment through Preventative Maintenance:
- It is up to CNC operators and technicians to make sure machines stay in top operating shape. They create and implement routine maintenance checklists, also performing basic troubleshooting when a machine malfunction.
- Knowledge of architectural specifications, wood products, or wood industry preferred. Understanding of door construction, style and rail, frames and specialty flush door is required.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Reading and interpreting blueprints to determine programming parameters
- Performing machine adjustment calculations
- Adjusting and setting drills, mills, and lathes to ensure 100 percent accuracy
- Using knowledge of safety standards to avoid workplace accidents
- Geometry and trigonometry knowledge
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing setting is required
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Skilled at troubleshooting and resolving mechanical or logistical problems that arise
- Ability to work independently and closely follow directions is essential
- Should have a positive and professional attitude
- Available to work weekends and overtime as required
- Capable of sitting for extended periods of time.
- Formulating Design Strategies with an emphasis on Business and Design for Manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge and application of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Sketching and illustrations (hand & digital) for communication of ideas. CAD Design Development.
- 3D CAD Rendering.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- A two-year technical degree (or equivalent work experience), that includes ability to read and interpret blueprints is preferred.
Masonite is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require accommodation.
We Help People Walk Through Walls
. Note that we may also collect your personal information from service providers such as business social media channels and job boards when you apply for our positions through such service providers, and that by applying, you consent to that collection practice as well.
By applying for a position with Masonite, you authorize Masonite and/or its designee to contact your former employers (unless you specifically indicated otherwise to us) and other character sources regarding your personal character, work habits, work record, and related information, and you release Masonite, its designee, the former employers, as applicable, and other character sources from all liability or damages regarding that contact and the information provided. Depending on the job applied for, you agree to take drug examinations or other examinations for pre-employment as well as during the course of your employment, if hired.
If accepted for employment, you agree to abide by all rules and policies of Masonite and to wear all required personal protective equipment. To the extent legally permitted or required, you agree to provide additional medical information as necessary to qualify or retain employment with Masonite.
, you understand that if you fail to answer or provide a misleading or false answer to any question, Masonite may refuse to hire you or may terminate your employment if you are hired. You agree that Masonite will not be liable if your employment is terminated or if you are not hired for these reasons.
Job Type: Full-time