Quality Systems Leader
- Reporting to the Head of Quality Assurance (QA), you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the quality systems in line with current legislations, Dr. Oetker, ISO 9001 & FSSC 22000 standards and best practices.
- Work closely with the plant and QA teams to ensure legal compliance with all relevant food safety & quality legislation
- Oversee and conduct internal plant audits as required to support an audit ready GFSI facility
- Respond to consumer quality complaints
- Identify quality and food safety non-conforming trends, identify root causes and support corrective actions
- Lead the employee training program in GMP, quality, food defense, food safety, etc.
- Prepare and distribute QA KPI reports
- Provide coaching and education to employees as it relates to the development of our food safety culture
- Lead the frozen ingredient approvals, plant specifications and supplier auditing to ensure raw materials and products meet high quality, regulatory and food safety standards
- Provide quality services to all external departments
- Update and maintain plant quality documentation in an Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Providing coaching and feedback to one direct report
- Other quality and food safety projects as required
- A university degree in Science
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the food industry
- Strong knowledge of HACCP, GFSI FSSC 22000, quality and food safety programs
- Working knowledge of HACCP and the Canadian meat regulations
- Strong analytical skills in MS
- Experience working with SAP or similar systems are considered an asset
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Ability to make informed decisions in a timely manner within a fast pace environment
- Demonstrates confidence and ability in dealing with external and internal departments
- Can work independently as well as in a team environment
- Actively seeks opportunities to improve processes and creates sustainable success
- Creates learning opportunities to continuously improve yourself
Location: London, Ont.
Want to shape the future with quality? Then we look forward to your application!
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially
Dr. Oetker Canada Ltd.
3100 Nova Court · London, ON · Canada · Phone: 905 678 1311
Careers with Dr. Oetker