At ASPIRE we are pioneers in the field of precision insect farming, optimizing the growth and harvesting of an underutilized natural resource in order to meet global demand for sustainable ingredients and materials. Our vision is A WORLD TRANSFORMED BY INSECT TECHNOLOGY.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Licensed Millwright who is responsible for installing and dismantling machinery and equipment in accordance with company plans, blueprints, and other diagrams, as well as the troubleshooting and diagnosis of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic problems with associated equipment. We are looking for individuals who strive to make a difference with Aspire, utilizing the latest advanced technologies and innovative knowledge systems in the industry. This role is located in London, Ontario and reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
During the active construction phase, (until early 2022) this role will be required to work primarily Monday to Friday, 8 hour shifts. Post construction, this role will migrate to the department's regular structure of a 2-3-2, 2 weeks days, 2 weeks nights, 12 hour shift rotation.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS THAT MATTER
During the active construction phase, this position will play a critical role with the set-up of incoming equipment and processes, to ensure a successful start up. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Training with vendors, including software training (PLC, HMI, VFD, etc.)
- Assist with set-up of the PM program, and creation of spare parts inventory system
- Build CMMS system, create WI's, SOP's, HWP, CS, OPL's, etc
- Set-up of workshop and maintenance working areas
Contributions post-construction phase include, but are not limited to:
- Promote a Health and Safety, Food Safety and GMP Culture.
- Drive a Lean Culture focus that promotes performance by analyzing data to reduce waste, inefficiencies, while improving working conditions.
- Liaise with the Leadership team to provide best practices, analyze data, and report uptime/downtime impact.
- Inspection of incoming equipment, assembly and positioning machinery using hoists, dollies, and trucks and repair of any problems associated with new equipment.
- Aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
- Experience in moving, assembling, disassembling, troubleshooting, and repairing various types of machinery and equipment.
- Ability to fabricate, weld and machine new parts to replace defective and malfunctioning parts during machine set-up, maintenance or overhauls.
- Performance of planned preventative maintenance and emergency repairs as required.
- Monitor the Aspire Maintenance program, provide recommendations, mentor, and advise on required changes.
- May be required to lead apprentices and direct them to ensure successful task completion.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3 to 5 years experience working as a Licensed Millwright 433A.
- Experience working with Allan Bradley PLC’s, drives, RSview and Fanuc robotics considered an asset.
- Continuous improvement mindset; willingness to be training in different levels of Lean Manufacturing.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a diverse team, in a fast paced environment; collaboration skills, as well as the ability to influence others.
- Solid time management capabilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute deliverables.
GET EXCITED ABOUT ASPIRE
- Aspire has assembled the largest body of research on cricket biology and production in the world.
- We are pioneering the industry by customizing, synthesizing and integrating cutting-edge technologies, including an Advanced Automation ASRS, IoT-Enabled Data Accumulation, Artificial Intelligence and Selective Breeding and Biological Optimization processes.
- We offer a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, medical benefits, STD/LTD, RRSP and Stock Option plans.
Aspire welcomes all applicants and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Department of any required accommodation needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38.40-$39.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability