This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Control Software Product Development Engineer
Join us in Advancing the Environmental Global Impact within the Rail Industry
For the past 30 years, ZTR has designed, developed and released products that have a positive environmental impact within the Locomotive Industry. Planning for an environmentally sustainable future means taking action today in preparation for tomorrow. Everyone has a role to play and we take ours seriously.
ZTR offers a casual working environment and a group of friendly and talented industry leaders passionate about combating climate change. We encourage and support employees to find long-term success and explore opportunities that play into their strengths and passions. We value lateral moves as much as vertical promotions; we believe all roles should develop your skills, broaden your experience, and help you continue on a journey to build a rewarding career at ZTR.
What You’ll be Doing
Are you passionate about supporting a more sustainable future? Do you enjoy understanding the customer's needs and providing them with greener and more reliable solutions? Are you data-driven and results-oriented? Whether it’s getting answers for customers quickly, consulting on products with compassion or upselling solution for their issues with a smile, you’ll be the difference between customer experience being just average or an exceptional one.
As Control Software Engineer in the Product Development team, you will be part of a closely-knit team within the organization that brings new products and services to life. You will be responsible for working on ‘State of the art’ Locomotive technology by developing software algorithms for implementing the best industry-approved design practices.
This is a great opportunity if you want to make your mark within an organization and help implement new standards and processes. We Need You!
- Design, create and maintain product-centric functional PLC and HMI programs.
- Develop and implement communication and IO interfaces between devices and systems.
- Develop and implement new and innovative software algorithms for mechanical and electrical systems.
- Make decisions and recommendations within established guidelines and procedures as well as help create and establish new guidelines and procedures.
- Identify inefficiencies within the software processes and practices and make adjustments for improvement.
- Participate in code reviews and in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Perform on-site control system and locomotive commissioning at globally located rail yards.
Who Are You?
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering and/or equivalent experience and training
- 3 - 5 years with control systems engineering preferred
- Mainly proficient in Siemens PLC programming.
- Experience with PLC control networks, such as Ethernet/IP, Profibus and Profinet
- Knowledge of software integration techniques, and software engineering tools (GitHub, JIRA).
- Familiarity in the rail industry and systems integration is preferred, although automation industry experience is a definite asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with strong self-organization with meticulous attention to detail.
- Work effectively independently and in cross-functional team environments
- Ability to travel globally up to 30%
Why Choose ZTR?
ZTR is all about our people. That is why we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) within our organization. DEI is essential to our goal of creating a great place to work. We are committed to building a representative workforce and committed to equal opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are looking for flexible, compassionate and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in a fast-paced working environment, and who are looking for long-term, meaningful employment in a career that makes a real difference.
At ZTR, we continuously promote a healthy balance between work, fun and family. This is a place where employees make a difference in our company and within our customers’ organizations. You will be able to direct your career path at ZTR as we are rapidly growing with numerous opportunities for professional growth and development.
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources. We will address information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants in confidence