Senior Electrical Designer
Senior level Electrical designer who performs a variety of moderately to highly complex technical tasks under a limited degree of supervision.
- Develop, analyze, and implement innovative, cost effective project custom design solutions for UV disinfection equipment
Carry out assignments of substantial variety and/or complexity requiring a sound understanding of related engineering or scientific theory, principles and practices
- Produce / review project custom design drawings / documentation
Design areas include creation of electrical schematics, PID drawings, BOMs for industrial control panels and electrical systems for use on products installed in Municipal water treatment facilities.
Have or develop a good working knowledge of UL, CE and IEC standards
- Participate in testing and field verification
Provide technical support to Sales team and Review of Project contract specifications
- Implement final design through the organization, working with other functional areas such as Manufacturing Operations and Service.
- Act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience; provide informal guidance and support to more junior team members.
Follow Trojan Technologies processes and standard practices
Provide solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or occurring infrequently based on precedents, procedures, or design experience
Critical Competencies / Leadership Anchors:
- Ability to work both independently and as a productive member of a team
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent documentation skills – ability to maintain a clear design file
- Able to use initiative and good judgment in the application of standard procedures
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and meet strict time lines
- Ability to cope with multiple tasks and prioritize requests
• Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering program
• Minimum 7 years of proven working knowledge and experience of electrical control panel design
• Proficient in using AutoCAD software and Microsoft Office; Strong in computer skills
• Solidwork Electrical experience preferred
• Willing to travel (if required)
• Sound knowledge of electrical safety and good safety record required
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.