- You will perform and document pre-operational Health & Safety and HACCP checks.
- You will check sanitary/ temperature conditions of trucks and goods before unloading.
- You will receive all incoming products as correct for product type/ item, labeling, quantity and condition. You ensure stock is put away properly labeled in its assigned correct location in the warehouse (ambient, chilled or frozen), while operating electrical moveable racks.
- You will be responsible to ensure that the cold chain is not interrupted with product pulls and returns.
- You can read orders on computer system and scan goods.
- You have experience operating hand pallet trucks, forklifts, and driver seated reach trucks.
- You are part of the team that produces highest quality Dr. Oetker products.
- You ensure optimal use of materials with adherence to health and safety and environmental requirements.
- You communicate and collaborate with other departments and provide excellent customer service.
- You will strive for improvements in your own area and others.
- You will be responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Food safety and security is of the utmost importance for Dr. Oetker and for you.
- You will consistently follow all Dr. Oetker Health & Safety policies and procedures, setting a positive example while exercising care within your work to prevent injuries to yourself and to your co-workers.
- You understand that management may at its discretion reassign you to a different position, line, shift, shift rotation and/or department based on operational need.
- You have earned your High School Diploma or GED equivalent and you are proficient in English.
- You are proficient in your technical understanding, reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, verbal communication and computer/ handheld/ scanner use.
- You have good computer skills and possess working knowledge of SAP, and the ability to learn a new software program.
- You possess sound knowledge of personal health and safety standards and preferably have experience in hygiene and food safety (HACCP) in a manufacturing environment.
- You have 3- 5 years or more of experience in shipping, receiving or warehouse. You possess a fork lift license with 2 years or more driving experience and have previous work experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment is beneficial.
- You have the ability to work according to tight schedules and timelines, and can work independently as well as in a team environment.
- You have excellent organization and problem solving skills. You have the ability to manage multiple assignments, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and assignments.
- Physical essential abilities are handling heavy loads (up to 25 KG), manual dexterity, attention to detail, good hand-eye co-ordination, and lifting abilities. You can stand for long periods of time and are able to work in extreme conditions with a combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting and kneeling.
- You have the ability to work under conditions of cold temperatures.
- You have the availability to work a 3 shift rotation, including coverage of unexpected leaves of absences and vacation and overtime as required.
- You have your own transportation, as public transportation is not available.
- Must be able to touch and work with pork, chicken and beef productions.
- You are able to work days and afternoon shifts, on a rotating basis.