WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse, outdoor and processing facility located in Strathroy, Ontario. WeedMD also operates CX Industries Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WeedMD Inc., from the Company’s fully-licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, Ontario production facility which specializes in cannabis extraction and processing. With the recent acquisition of Starseed Medicinal Inc., a medical-centric licensed holder with operations in Bowmanville, Ontario, WeedMD has expanded its multi-channeled distribution strategy. Starseed’s industry-first, exclusive partnership with LiUNA, the largest construction union in Canada, along with other employers and union groups complements WeedMD’s direct sales to medical patients. The Company maintains strategic relationships across the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies where its adult-use brands Color Cannabis and Saturday are sold.
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible to support and participate in Quality Assurance processes and activities that are necessary to ensure that products produced by the Company meet the expectations and requirements of Company's SOPs, Specifications, and applicable provisions the Cannabis Regulations.
- Following established procedures associated with Quality Assurance Unit to assure quality and compliance of cannabis or cannabis products that are produced, processed, packaged, labelled and stored at Company's Site before they are made available for provision or sale;
- Conducting activities associated with verification, in-process controls, sampling, inspection and testing of cannabis and cannabis products;
- Conducting activities associated with verification, inspection, testing and release of incoming materials, ingredients, raw materials, packaging and labelling components;
- Conducting activities associated with verification, inspection and monitoring of cleaning and sanitation, pest control, calibration and maintenance programs and other GPP/GMP activities, as appropriate;
- Supporting review process for every batch or lot of cannabis and associated records for conformance to respective SOPs, specifications and regulatory requirements (e.g. Cannabis Regulations) before it is made available for sale or export;
- Assisting in maintenance of GPP QA/QC, executed batch records, as appropriate;
- Supporting and conducting necessary activities, record keeping, investigations and course of actions in respect of returned product in accordance with established procedures;
- Supporting and conducting necessary activities, record keeping, investigations and course of actions in respect of deviations, out-of-specification test results, non-conformances and regulated losses in accordance with established procedures;
- Participation in investigations of complaints received in respect of the quality of the cannabis.
- Arranging and conducting necessary activities, record keeping, investigations and course of actions in respect of pharmacovigilance activities, regulated adverse events and adverse reactions in accordance with established procedures;
- Assisting in training and calibration, sanitation and pest control programs, and other activities which are critical to operation and the GPP/GMP activities, as appropriate;
- Assisting in maintenance of retention samples;
- Supporting Quality representation for GPP, Compliance and RA governed internal and external activities, including inspections by government agencies (Health Canada), as necessary;
- Assisting in timely preparation of Cannabis Tracking and Health Care Practitioners Reports for CTLS filing;
- Assisting in maintenance information and data from cannabis tracking and record keeping systems as it necessary for CTLS reporting;
- Reviewing and verifying batch production, packaging and labelling records, cannabis inventory control records as necessary to maintain the integrity of data in cannabis tracking system;
- 2 years demonstrated success working in a Pharmaceutical / NHP / Cannabis industry in Regulatory Affairs / Compliance / Quality or equivalent environment.
- B.Sc. or College Degree is an asset;
- Knowledge of regulations and laws pertaining to the business (CA/CR, F&DA/F&DR, GPP, SFCR etc.);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated self -starter abilities to perform work with minimal supervision as well as a team player.
- Detail oriented with excellent problem-solving ability.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- in a regulated industry (ie. Cannabis, Pharmaceuticals, NHP): 1 year (Preferred)
- Quality Assurance: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)