This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||120961 - Day (AM) Shift / 120963 Afternoon (PM) Sh
||May 12, 2021
||High School Diploma
Masonite International Corporation is a leading global designer, manufacturer and distributor of interior and exterior doors for the new construction and repair, renovation and remodeling sectors of the residential and non-residential building construction markets. Since 1925, Masonite has provided its customers with Doors That Do More® including innovative products and superior service at compelling values. Masonite currently serves approximately 8,500 customers in 60 countries.
We are looking for Summer Students to fill 10 (ten) immediate positions in General Assembly to work a day shift from 6:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday to Thursday; 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Friday OR an afternoon shift from 3:30 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. Monday to Thursday. These two shifts are short term summer contract positions.
If you get excited about working with wood and learning new skills and the opportunity to build all types of doors to customer specifications, using pneumatic and manual tools, and operating with a very high level of quality, safety and productivity, this position is a perfect fit for you.
If you are naturally able to read and interpret production paperwork; measure, cut and assemble, then you will want to consider this opportunity.
Here are some of the different activities you’ll be asked to do:
If you have:
- Door Assembly
- Prep Sanding
- Operating various types of wood working equipment
- Laminate veneer faces onto the core
- Make core from raw materials
- Press overlays to make a fire door, veneer facing panels;
- Set up and clean the glue spreader
- Cut parts to length.
- Cut trim using the double miter saw and double edging clamp.
We would like to hear from you! Please submit a Resume via www.Masonite.com:
- Previous experience in a production facility, home building supplies industry or a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum high school diploma that includes ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- The ability to use basic hand and power tools; tape measure, hammer, table saw etc.
- commitment to working safely.
- the ability of performing repetitive, physical work, lifting 25 to 100 lbs. with a dual lift.
- the ability to work diligently and independently or within a team to meet production requirements.
- the ability to multitask and flexibility to work in any area of the facility.
- the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with the team.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Summer Student Assembly Position for Day shift Posting # 120961
- Summer Student Assembly Position for Afternoon Shift Posting # 120963
Masonite invites applications from all qualified individuals. Masonite is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at 519-644-2444. Ext. 4410.