Reporting to the Director of QA/RA, the Senior Quality Systems Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the Quality Management System, implementing and improving upon quality related processes, and providing quality oversight to functions within the quality system including: internal/external auditing, change control, customer complaints, vendor qualification, deviation reporting, risk management, annual product review and CAPAs. The Senior Quality Systems Specialist will ensure that all processes adhere to Good Production Practices. The extraction facility is located in Aylmer, Ontario.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
· Ensure control, compliance, standardization, and overall integrity of Quality Systems
· Conduct internal/external audits, and follow through on issuance and completion of audit report
· Perform customer complaint investigations in conjunction with Quality and Production Management
· Provide quality oversight for facility, equipment and document change controls
· Create and deliver training as required to support adherence to best practice and compliance to regulations
· Provide quality oversight of corrective / preventive actions and effectiveness checks to address true root cause
· Analyze data to identify trends and issue reports to Director of QA/RA
· Utilize databases such as QMS, consumer complaints, and KPIs to optimize audits and strengthen continuous improvement opportunities
· Produce regular reports and summaries on applicable systems, ensuring all department leaders are contacted as necessary
· Draft and Review SOPs to ensure continuous compliance
· Responsible for oversight and control of non-conforming product - suspect lab results, processing issues, etc.
· Liaise with Brand and Regulatory departments to facilitate submission of NNCPs, and conduct regulatory reviews for label and packaging designs.
· Work as part of the Quality Assurance team promoting a quality culture within the company
· Ensure that all staff are adhering to facility SOPs and GPP at all times, and
· Other job duties as assigned Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Science or a related discipline
· Minimum 5 years of experience working in Quality Assurance in a GMP environment, pharmaceutical and/or food and beverage industry
· Minimum 2 years of experience working in Quality Assurance in the cannabis industry
· Experience with Quality Systems: Change Control, Deviation, CAPA, Document Control
· Ability to prepare and present reports to management pertaining to non-conformances and investigations
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment and collaborate with a cross-functional project team
· Must have proven ability to lead, make decisions, facilitate change, manage conflict, and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
· Highly organized with attention to detail for successfully satisfying diverse responsibilities
· Ability to read and correctly interpret documents such as safety rules, regulations, and specifications
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively with employees and management at all levels
· Ability to acquire Health Canada Security Clearance as an A/QAP will be required for this position
Nice to Have’s:
· Previous work experience with a Canadian Licensed Producer (LP)
· Knowledge of the Cannabis Act, GPP, and GMP
· Experience working in a HACCP environment
· Experience with C15 Quality Management System
· Regulatory Affairs and Quality Operations Certificate
· Previous Security Clearance from Health Canada
· Experience working in a high growth environment
· Startup experience
HOW TO APPLY:
YOU MUST submit your resume and cover letter to Motif Labs careers page at: www.motiflabs.ca to be considered.
Please note you must be 19 years of age to both enter our website and work for our company. We thank all interested applicants but only those who have been selected for interview will be contacted.
This is a hybrid role where you will need to be on site at our production facility with some flexibility to work remotely. Motif provides all required PPE and has continued all safety protocols: a well-fitted mask must be worn at all times while indoors in shared spaces and staff are to remain 2M+ apart, COVID screening must be completed every day prior to entering the facility and we are moving to mandatory vaccination status.