Manager, Warehouse & Logistics
About Jones Healthcare Group
Jones Healthcare Group is a world-class provider of advanced packaging and medication dispensing solutions. With over 100 years serving health and wellness markets, the privately held company is moving through an aggressive growth strategy with plans to invest $20 million into the business over the next two years.
“Over a century ago, Jones provided apothecary packaging to help pharmacists safely dispense medication to patients,” says Ron Harris, President & CEO at Jones. “One thing has never wavered since our beginning: we have always been focused on wellness. It’s in our DNA.”
Through its four business units—Cartons & Labels, Packaging Services, Canadian Pharmacy and Medication Adherence —and its two European subsidiaries Venalink UK and Venalink Spain, the company brings a unique expertise across health sectors to its customers. And, with a continued vision to advance healthcare with progressive packaging platforms, Jones puts consumer well-being first while responding to evolving market needs.
For more information, please visit www.joneshealthcaregroup.com.
Summary of position
This is a unique opportunity to run two different warehouses out of the same location. The Cartons & Labels portion of the warehouse accounts for raw material inventory and finished goods, while the Pharmacy & Medication Adherence operation is primarily a receive, pick/pack, and ship operation of products we distribute and sell.
Both warehouses include accountability for inbound and outbound shipments, storage of material and products, and movement of goods to customers and our head office location.
If you love the idea of leading a team and managing two different operations, all within a new 145,000 sq. ft. facility, then this position will be of interest to you.
If you get excited by planning, evaluating, and executing improvement and optimization projects in a warehouse setting, then this position is a perfect fit for you.
If you are a natural leader with a passion for upholding a strong health & safety system, ensuring the timely receipt and delivery of goods, and a confident negotiator and decision maker, then you’ll want to consider this opportunity.
Here are some of the different activities you’ll be asked to do:
- Ensure all applicable Health & Safety Management System policies & procedures are followed.
- Ensure requirements of our Quality Management System are followed.
- Ensure Environmental (ISO 14001) Management System policies & procedures are followed.
- In conjunction with the team-lead, oversee the day-to-day operations of the Cartons & Labels portion of the warehouse, which encompasses the receipt, storage, management, and outgoing shipment of raw materials and finished products.
- In conjunction with the team-lead, oversee the day-to-day operations of the Pharmacy & Medication Adherence portion of the warehouse, which includes the receipt of finished goods, processing and preparation of customer orders, and outbound delivery.
- Create and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with internal and external suppliers and customers.
- Provide leadership to a team of warehouse colleagues, including hiring, delegation, training, performance evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination.
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization, considering factors such as product turnover, size, and weight.
- Recommend facility design and equipment requirements to enhance quality and efficiency, and manage these improvement activities and plans.
If you’ve got:
- Diploma or degree in a related field.
- Forklift license and valid driver’s license.
- 5-7 years of direct work experience in a warehouse management function.
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, and transportation management.
- Direct knowledge of WHMIS and other safety systems.
- Experience with radio frequency ID systems (RFID), bar code systems, and electronic data interchange (EDI) will be required.
- Experience with SAP is an asset.
- Experience in managing third-party logistics providers.
- Team leadership and teambuilding abilities.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
We’d like to hear from you!
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Jones will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact the Jones Human Resources department at 519.451.2100 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please also contact the Human Resources department.