The Materials Planner is responsible for the planning & oversight of materials movement through the production & engineering cycles. Provides support to the production team on all material flow issues to meet production schedules and customer requirements. Interfaces with production for planning and forecasting of customer orders to meet shipments. Manages suppliers and inventory levels to ensure material is available for production within inventory targets. Container management with customers/suppliers.
1 Familiar with all BOM and Routings; Set up new part numbers in ERP System.
2 Effectively utilizes the ERP/MRP system to plan and analyse current inventory levels vs production capacity and customer forecasts.
3 Determines optimum inventory levels based on lead time and supplier agreements, utilizing customer forecasts, production needs and past practice.
4 Manages releases to suppliers, ensures and monitors the adequate and consistent supply of material to meet production plan.
5 Work with supply base to determine weekly inbound forecast and develop consumption models to improve accuracy.
6 Translate projected forecasts, incoming volume, and work scopes into a production plan with a time-phased build schedule.
7 Schedule demand based on the product mix and provide accurate commitment dates to customers across multiple product lines.
8 Updates and communicates customer demand in weekly production planning meeting.
9 Ensures all customer requirements are shipped on time.
10 Identifies, reacts and manages changes in demand and communicates adjustment to Production for shop floor planning.
11 Meets financial targets for inventory values, inventory days on hand, and achieves established targets for inventory turns.
12 Communicates with customers and suppliers to establish an open working relationship, manages customer needs and resolves shipping disputes.
13 Understands current inventory levels to ensure production materials are available, no obsolescence is incurred and materials are available through the required service part commitment.
14 Verifies material inventory through regular cycle count activities.
15 Investigates Inventory Discrepancies and leads Problem Solving for improvements.
16 Manages customer finished good racks and co-ordinates packaging with suppliers.
17 Ability to provide backup for MRO Buyer, ability to create Purchase Orders in ERP Systems.
18 Understand customer needs for product identification and labelling, cross boarder shipping requirements for international deliveries.
19 Ensures all shipping and receiving procedures are understood and adhered to as defined by the Materials Team.
20 Ensures all Health & Safety Procedures are understood and adhered to.
21 Prepares performance reports to the shipment plan, the inventory plan and the production plan.
22 Responsible to support change management with material planning and ensures no obsolete material or obsolescence are agreed to and paid by customer.
23 Responsible during Program Launches to obtain materials and components required for pre-production activities including trials, training and customer build requirements.
24 Coordinate expedites to customers, from suppliers as needed to meet demand.
25 Manages and coordinates all Service Parts Requirements and Packaging.
26 Performs Purchasing duties as backup/contingency plan within the department.
27 Participates in Cost Reduction Activities.
28 All other duties as assigned.
· Post-secondary education in business, supply chain management or similar discipline, CSCM certification preferred.
· 2 years planning and materials experience in a manufacturing setting required.
· Working knowledge of purchasing and inventory management, production planning, demand planning and forecasting.
· Knowledge of ERP and MRP Systems; experience with JD Edwards preferred.
· Experience in Transportation of Dangerous goods is an asset.
· Ability to drive a Forklift.
· Strong computer skills, particularly expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to compile and interpret data.
· Experience and training in U.S. and Canadian import and export regulations.
· Experience or training in transportation and freight vendor management.
· Experience in Lean Tools for Inventory Planning, Pull Production, Kanban, Visual Inventory Control and strong Problem Solving Skills.
· Presentation, organization, interpersonal and communication skills are required.
· Team player with sound judgement in decision-making and establishing priorities.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for customer and supplier contact.
2 Communication and Change Management.
3 Task driven/Results oriented.
4 Analysis capability.
1 Primarily working in an office setting.
2 Some work in the plant production area.
3 Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Marys, ON N4X 1B9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)