Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Formet is one of the largest manufacturing employers in Southwestern Ontario producing body and chassis components for assembly plants across North America. Our 1.1 million square foot facility features industry-leading hydroforming, roll-forming, hot-stamping, robotic assembly and post-assembly coating processes. At Formet, we take care of each other and live by the motto “One Team. One Formet.”
A QA Technician is responsible for ensuring Formet and Customer quality requirements are met by identifying and providing input to resolve quality problems. They will cover the Team Leader in case of his/her absence. The QA Technician will support the needs of internal and external customers, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent. ?
- Completion or enrollment in a Quality Technician-related course from a recognized college. ?
- Minimum 1 year in the Automotive Field. ?
- Previous exposure to Quality Assurance systems and requirements an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizational skills. ?
- Communication skills. ?
- Interpersonal skills. ?
- Work well in a team environment or individually. ?
- Basic computer skills. ?
- AIAG Core Tools. ?
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing. ?
- Business Operating and Quality System. ?
- Problem Reporting System. ?
- Customer Specific Requirements. ?
- Basic understanding of CMM and perceptron. ?
- Basic facilitating skills. ?
- Basic auditing skills. ?
- Manufacturing process. ?
- IATF 16949. ?
- Measuring equipment (micrometers, calipers, indicators, and height gauges). ?
- Problem solving.
- Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations and Formet’s Visions/Values through Magna’s Employee Charter. ?
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations. ?
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities. ?
- Support the QEC’s on new and existing programs. ?
- Generating and up keep of Inspection Data Sheets, Visual Aids, Fixture Instructions and EPC’s. ?
- Support Buy-off’s when required internal and at integrators. ?
- Audit the First-Off / Mid-Off processes, and set up verifications to ensure it is being done correctly. ?
- Initiate and coordinate problem reports and containments. ?
- Up keep of gauges and Checking Fixtures. ?
- Perform capability / reliability studies as required. ?
- Keep product cleaned up in quarantine and MDR’s are completed.
- Participate in problem solving activities. ?
- Participate in Product, System and Process Audits as required. ?
- Archive completed Inspection Data and Set Up Sheets. ?
- Be dedicated to generating and or assisting in PPAP packages when required. ?
- Audit and approve Special Material Requests and reworked material when required. ?
- Assist in the training of production personnel in all quality requirements when needed. ?
- Maintain a sound understanding of customers product and engineering specifications. ?
- Take initiative to follow through on completion of tasks / projects, PMR’s and CIP’s. ?
- Attend and or Champion quality meetings when requested. ?
- Cover for the Team Leader and or other Technicians if he/she is absent. ?
- Provide support to all Departments for quality related issues. ?
- Perform other duties as designated.
Shift: Rotating every 2 weeks between days, afternoons and nights
Equipment and/or Product
- Overtime after 40 hours per week.
- Shift premiums of $0.75/hour (afternoons) and $1.25/hour (nights)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 Personal Paid Holidays (PPH) + 2 half days.
- Medical and Dental Coverage.
- Plant wide Incentive Program – based on a number of factors, all members of our team receive an Incentive Bonus, if requirements are met.
- Magna Profit Sharing.
- Matched GRRSP.
- Company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage.
- Educational Assistance program.
- Subsidized Cafeteria.
- Work boot, safety glasses and custom molded earplug allowances.
- Weekly pay via direct deposit.
- Company paid uniforms (if you choose to use).
- Barbecues and Children’s Christmas Party.
- Roger’s cell phone plan available to Formet Team Members - $40.00 / month
- Employee discounts (new vehicle, amusement parks etc.)
- Standard office equipment. ?
- Measuring gauges. ?
- Quality software.
Safety & Houskeeping
- Office and Manufacturing Environments. ?
- Able to work shift work. ?
- Able to be flexible in hours of work in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.).
- Responsible to adhere to all Health and Safety programs in accordance with the O.H.S.A. ?
- Follow and ensure the company’s procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed throughout the plant. ?
- Ensure that you work and operate equipment according to Formet’s safety rules and regulations. ?
- Active role in maintaining excellent housekeeping through leading by example. ?
- Ensure that your department is clean, tidy, organized and a safe workplace at all times. ?
- As with Safety, Security is everyone’s responsibility and Formet requires its employees to contribute to this activity by immediately notifying your supervisor when you identify security issues that affect the integrity of our supply chain, in accordance with PIP (Partners in Protection) and C-TPAT (Customs – Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) requirements.
Follow environmental protocol as prescribed by the Environmental Management System (EMS
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.