Specialist/Engineer, Electrical Engineering
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
- Electrical design engineering of electrical or tactical (communications, computers and displays and weapon integration) systems to meet customer requirements and specifications
- Develop and maintain Technical Data Packages (TDP), prepare and present formal Design Reviews. Follow established procedures
- Investigate, respond, and implement corrective action to Production, supplier or field issues
- Support prototype builds, create test plans, execute tests and create test reports to validate designs, mitigate risks and/or troubleshoot problems
- Plan, organize, and maintain records of progression to ensure successful completion of projects on schedule and within budget
- Manipulation of CAD models using CAD image manipulation software
- Develop plans and estimates for future projects (ROMS’s, BOE’s, project plans, informal estimates) in response to customer and contractual requirements
- University Degree or College Diploma in electrical engineering discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience
- Experience with design and integration of electrical systems into harsh environmental conditions (including power generation, distribution and engine interface)
- Strong communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated strength in MS Office applications and other engineering software
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to travel (5% Cdn) and (5% US & Int'l) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport.
- Must be able to meet Anthropometrical Size Restrictions for confined space.
- Experience with typical defence system requirements (e.g. MIL-STD-1275, 461, 810, etc.)
- Knowledge & understanding of electrical systems in military platforms and electromagnetic compatibility/TEMPEST design practices
- Experience with Computer aided engineering (CAD, FEA, Simulation)
- Hands-on practical experience in engineering for automotive electrical systems
- Experience in design and manufacture of on or off road vehicles or equipment
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.