Job ID CAN00667
Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Co-op 2021
Date posted 12/21/2020
Location : Guelph, Canada | Canada | London, Canada
As a Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Co-op you will learn the various aspects of the business as well as be assigned a project that aligns you with our operational needs. You will be trained in various areas required to learn basic skills necessary to understand the process to complete assigned project(s). These areas of training/projects may include the following:
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Sanitation Requirements
- CFIA Regulations and Requirements
- Food Safety Initiatives
- FSSC / ISO 22000
- Product Sampling
- Plant operations
- Plant process studies
- Process Improvements Inventory Management (scheduling/planning/maintaining inventory)
- Overview of OSHA Requirements
- Safety Training
- Injury/Illness Reporting
- Job Task Procedures (JTP’s)
- Cargill offers relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage).
- Internships are paid and are at least 16 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position for the following year.
- Guelph, ON
- London, ON
- Plant setting
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Animal Science, Food Science, Ag-Business, Ag-Econ, Engineering, Business Administration or related fields and graduating between December 2021 and May 2023.
- Willingness to work evening, night, weekend and rotating shifts if required
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the Canada.
- Able to complete an 8-month co-op term (April 2021- December 2021)
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance