Job ID 153936
Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Superintendent
Location : London, Canada
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Superintendent is responsible for ensuring the facility's food safety, regulatory, and quality programs and customer specifications are adhered to in order to produce food safe and quality products. In this role, you must be a self-starter and be able to manage and develop relationships with the operations, plant management, regulatory agencies, and sanitation teams. You will identify problems or bottlenecks in processes and resolve issues; ensure resources (including materials, equipment, and human resources) are available; support continuous improvement goals in food safety, quality, cost, and customer service. In addition, you will work with other departments on root cause analysis, corrective actions and preventative measures to ensure that they are effective.
- Conducts verification and/or maintenance of the Food Safety and Quality Systems, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure, prerequisite programs, manufacturing processes, plant environment, and finished product.
- Collaborates with operations on the initiation of corrective action and preventative measures when necessary.
- Ensures adherence to corporate, regulatory, customer and facility food safety and quality requirements and completion of corrections and corrective actions.
- Leads food safety focused audits (Corporate Food Safety, FSSC 22000, customer, regulatory).
- Acts as Food Safety Team leader by coordinating and leading Food Safety Team and overseeing the food safety management system and management review.
- Manages government relationship and ensures food safety management compliance to appropriate government regulations.
- Investigates and follow up on food safety incidents that occur in the plant to ensure they are reported and that corrective action and permanent corrections are taken.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of CFIA Safe Foods for Canadians regulations
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Previous experience managing a food safety management system
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Advanced technical knowledge related to quality and auditing standards, regulatory practices and operational food safety policies/ procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Working knowledge of laboratory, SPC and plant processes
- Microbiology knowledge
- Advanced computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Package)
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis, Six Sigma, or other Continuous Improvement Tools
- Previous food safety experience within a poultry processing facility
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.