Production Supervisor (1st shift)
Job ID 126321Date posted 07/13/2021Location : London, Canada
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Production Supervisor (1st shift) will lead all production and operating processes by being responsible for the operations agenda and leading an engaged team that will execute business deliverables. In this role, you will ensure safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale objectives are met.
- Execute routine operations of assigned area, ensuring direct reports are following policies and procedures related to employee, food and feed safety and environmental compliance.
- Monitor production outcomes, quantity, and quality to ensure customer and food safety requirements are within specifications.
- Partner with production supervisors to meet customer specifications and timeline.
- Administer production budget for a department, process, or shift and executes purchase orders and ensures timely payment of invoices
- Develop operational plans and monitors routine operations for all production processes for multiple departments, processes and shifts.
- Develop, supervise and provide coaching to direct reports including coaching company core values and guiding principles for assigned facilities or region.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- One year of supervisory experience
- Lean six sigma
- Exeperience in Food Safety and manufacturing environment
- Experience with SAP
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.