AYLMER, ONTARIO, CANADA
The Production Assistant will support the Extraction and Refining team in achieving production goals. This position will spend the majority of the day working with their hands: moving materials and assisting with production activities while adhering to SOPs and complying with quality assurance standards.
It is important to note that we are seeking someone who can prioritize and stay focused. It is imperative to have excellent attention to detail and hand-eye coordination.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is positioned for significant growth throughout 2020/2021, and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
- Support a variety of extraction activities including (but not limited to): biomass milling, decarboxylation, filling extraction cylinders, mixing and filtration activities, material destruction
- Assist with vaporizer & tincture packaging
- Support the sanitation team, including removing used equipment from production space and replacing with clean equipment from storage
- Move gas cylinders into and out of production space
- Support activities in shipping and receiving
- Maintain a clutter free work environment
- Maintain accurate production records according to Cannabis Act Good Production Practice (GPP) standards
- Comply with Quality Assurance standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and other policies/guidelines
- Other duties as assigned by management or supervisors
- The position will be assigned to various rooms/areas daily depending on production goals and needs of the team.
- Weekend work and shift work could be required
- Physically fit; standing and/or sitting will be required for long periods of time and must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time (i.e. gloves, lab coat, hair net, face mask)
- Detail oriented and works well under pressure
- Responsible, dependable, and reliable
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, friendly, and professional
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Cannabis Act/ACMPR experience not required, but considered an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Understanding of chemical hazards