Our mission is simple: To enrich the lives of our partners. Steelway is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and services available today, and we believe that commitment begins with hiring the best people.
As a member of the leadership team and as a new Steelway family member, you will join a diverse, dynamic group of highly motivated individuals that bring with them a wide array of talents, skills, and backgrounds.
The Plant Manager is responsible for the leadership of the production facility to ensure that the manufacturing process is completed as required, in compliance with safety, quality and production standards. The Plant Manager will Lead, Inspire, Build and Motivate a high-performance team that delivers on our higher purpose – ‘Enriching the lives of our partners’ and influence behavior to create a culture of excellence.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with our higher purpose, values alignment and our employee centred culture.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of Production Leaders and the activities of production teams; including all manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of plant operations.
- Responsible for maintaining delivery commitments and improving product and process non-conformances.
- Creates monthly forecasts and reports on month end results.
- Maintains a regular presence on the production floor and works to maintain high levels of communication with Production Leaders and employees.
- Ensures that all safety policies are followed and remain relevant as the company grows and changes.
- Maximizes gross profit contribution within the manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrates continuous ability to use the available assets to grow efficient output.
- Recommends staffing levels for production activities, including recommendation for recruitment and selection.
- Responsible for ensuring the highest level of employee training to support the business.
- Maintain the highest quality of customer relationships, internal and external.
- Maintains a high level of communication with the project managers, builder services team and engineering / drafting team, giving regular updates on capacity levels and/or constraints.
- Monitors and adjusts plant capacities as required to provide best possible lead times.
- Practice active problem-solving strategies to effectively address issues as they arise.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum of 10 years industrial manufacturing experience, with five years of suitable direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Demonstrated performance as high-energy team player, with ability to lead people and administer results.
- Engineering or Business degree a definite asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to use team-building principles to constantly improve output and profitability.
- Excellent organizational skills and capability of managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to multi-task, assist and coach others where required.
- Excellent communication skills and teambuilding abilities
- Ability to work within a high-performance culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package including a health spending account
- RRSP Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Monthly employee appreciation lunch
- Family, friendly environment
Steelway Building Systems provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Director, of Human resources will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.