Global Marketing Training and Development Leader
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“For more than 30 years at 3M, I’ve seen firsthand how it’s a place where curious, creative and collaborative people thrive and build a rewarding career. As a leader in this company, my goal is to ensure each 3Mer sees and feels the positive impact we’re making around the world” – Mike Roman, chief executive officer and chairman, 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
The Global Director of Marketing Training and Development position, is responsible for the leadership of creating and delivering relevant training and development programs, both internally and externally for the Safety & Industrial Business Group (SIBG) marketing community and customers. Internally, the focus is on improving and measuring the impact of our corporate and SIBG training to upscale marketing capabilities and career development paths for our SIBG marketing community. And externally, to partner with our Division teams to ensure professional and effective customer education and expertise delivery aligned to go-to-market models.
As the Global Director of Marketing Training and Development, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Global leadership of SIBG Training and Development, overseeing strategy to align with SIBG Marketing plan priorities?;
- Lead team of direct reports to successfully execute on plan and priorities for SIBG globally;
- Builds global development strategy and partners with Corporate, Area and Operations teams to co-create marketing training programs aligned to go-to-market models;
- Leads certification to train, deliver and adapt training programs aligned to enterprise strategy and go-to-market needs, and individual development plans;
- Understands and prioritizes development and learning priorities for the global SIBG marketing community, based on annual assessment of skills and capabilities;
- Actively monitors market trends and innovations with respect to training and delivery and integrates into team strategy to maintain relevance and to stay competitive;
- Explores alternative options for platforms and delivery mechanisms for global training and development aligned with corporate learning and development approaches;
- Customizes content for delivery within SIBG specific to market and industry needs;
- Measures SIBG progress in learning and development and shares with enterprise learning and development teams to align on roadmap and curriculum;
- Develops SIBG and Division learning journeys aligned to corporate architecture platform and individual development plans;
- Manage and oversee onboarding and transition plans for SIBG Marketers (including Divisions, and Areas) and develop the appropriate materials to ensure Marketers are set up for success in their roles;?
- Manages the deployment and overall performance of our Customer Experience platforms;
- Work with Divisions, Areas and other operations functions to identify needs/gaps and develop career tracking, development and management strategies/priorities accordingly ?
- Manage the development of and track career progression paths, compensation, rewards and leadership opportunities for IBG Marketers and continuously monitor to determine where there are gaps in capabilities or opportunities for improvement;
- Lead global IBG efforts to communicate, engage and drive higher submissions to global marketing excellence awards;
- Maintain ownership of the Training and Development budget and investment decisions, and be accountable for success;
- Partners with Division and Area teams to establish reporting dashboard standards and monthly rhythm of review and governance;
- Demonstrates inclusive leadership of a high performance team, and peer cohort group, bringing out the very best of those they work with while delivering on project milestones as committed.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start)
- Ten (10) years of marketing development, training and/or customer education experience
- Five (5) years managing a team in a private, public, government or military environment.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with specialization in marketing development preferred (completed and verified prior to start)
- Masters Degree or MBA
- Experience in Business to Business or Industrial marketing development and training.
- Global Marketing Experience
Travel: May include up to 15% Domestic and International
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.