Human Resources Specialist
About Jones Healthcare Group
Jones Healthcare Group is a world-class provider of advanced packaging and medication dispensing solutions. With roots firmly established in healthcare, Jones has been a long-time, trusted partner for some of the most recognized global pharmaceutical brands and the largest pharmacy groups, independent pharmacies, hospitals and long-term care facilities across the world.
Imagine working at Jones, where we embrace our commitment to the environment, team members, communities, and consumers – and we’re inspired to package the future of healthcare.
Learn more about our story here: www.joneshealthcaregroup.com.
What our colleagues are saying:
“I love the people, the positive organizational culture, my team and the genuine spirit of cooperation and shared goals. I’m very optimistic about my professional growth and development and the value that I hope to bring to the company.”
Benefits we offer:
- A safe, respectful, and inclusive environment
- Competitive compensation and equitable people practices
- Comprehensive benefits and an RRSP program where we match up to 5% of your earnings
- Opportunities to grow and develop, alongside a supportive team
- Employee and family assistance program
- Referral bonuses
- Education reimbursement program
- Colleague appreciation events
- and more!
Summary of position:
If you love working in a fast-paced environment and you are energized by attracting and onboarding new colleagues across multiple business units, then this position will be of interest to you.
If you get excited about the opportunity to build community connections, proactively and creatively attracting new talent to an organization that values diversity, equity and inclusion, this position is a perfect fit for you.
If you are naturally an organized and outgoing person, capable of juggling many balls in the air with an eye for detail and action, then you’ll want to consider this opportunity.
The Human Resources Specialist is a key member of the HR team at Jones Healthcare Group. In supporting the organization, the incumbent is responsible for all aspects of the employee experience with a focus on full cycle recruitment, orientation, and onboarding. When not busy attracting and onboarding new colleagues, the HR Specialist will be involved in other Human Resources activities.
Here are some of the different activities you’ll be asked to do:
- Manage a key aspect of the employee experience; attraction and onboarding
- Developing and posting position profiles, and then sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates
- Oversee the onboarding process for new colleagues, including new hire documentation, preparing onboarding schedules, and leading orientation sessions
- Organize and participate in job fairs and any other recruitment outreach activities
- Build external relationships in the community with organizations that support the employment and assimilation of new Canadians
- Build and maintain relationships with secondary and post secondary education institutions to leverage co-op and internship programs and new graduate hiring
- Participation in other HR processes and projects
If you’ve got:
- Values that mirror ours, from the Inside Out: Inspire, Nimble, Supportive, Inclusive, Driven, Empathetic
- A college diploma or Bachelor’s degree with a focus on HR
- CHRP designation is a strong asset
- 1-3 years of HR generalist or specialist experience, having involvement in recruitment
- Exceptional organization skills with strong attention to detail
- A results driven bias and ability to relate to people at all levels
- A passion for internal customer service
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
We’d like to hear from you!
Please submit a resume and let us know why you are interested.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Jones Healthcare Group will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact the Jones Human Resources department at 1.800.265.9093 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please also contact the Human Resources department.