Mechanical/Materials LED R&D Intern
This position is for an 8-16 month research and development intern who will perform a variety of engineering tasks in support of UV technology development.
- Research, experiment, and test new technologies related to UVC Technology
- Write engineering test protocols and reports
- Support senior engineers with research, design, experiment setup, and development
- Perform bench-scale and pilot-scale water treatment tests (80% onsite lab work)
- Willing to work with Ultraviolet light while prioritizing health and safety[
- Quickly learns when faced with new challenges; strives to enhance his/her knowledge and skills, undeterred by the knowledge that some lessons are learned from setbacks.
- Motivated by the challenge of new work; comfortable with ambiguity; proactively seeks answers.
- Initiates and participates in the thoughtful use of Danaher Business System tools.
- Strives to deliver the highest quality output and collaborates with the team to deliver on shared goals.
- Takes initiative to practice and apply new skills to continuously improve performance and is accountable for meeting commitments.
- Understands the shared purpose and how daily work is an important contribution to meeting these goals.
- Behaves in ways that are aligned with the Danaher Values.
- Seeks feedback regarding strengths and weaknesses; is not defensive; acts on feedback; and provides balanced feedback when asked.
- Engineering or science student who has completed 2nd or 3rd year with a preference to mechanical, materials, and chemical focus
- Experience designing, building, and testing prototypes
- Creativity, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly
The above are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of the job described. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.