- You will be responsible for executing daily production equipment and facility cleaning in accordance with the sanitation schedule and SSOPs.
- You work with and around large processing equipment utilizing hand tools, hot water, pressurized water and chemicals to complete the sanitation process.
- You will oversee the optimal use of chemicals and strive for improvements in your own or any other area.
- You will work with CIP systems, tanks, pumps, piping and other equipment and will perform minor preventative maintenance care of sanitation equipment and process equipment.
- You have an understanding of and will apply safe chemical handling practices and use of chemicals.
- You understand and can apply safety requirements for assigned tasks and equipment (PPE, proper ventilation, guarding, lock-out/tag-out, fall arrest).
- You may be required to work weekend shifts.
- You will be responsible for other duties as assigned.
- You will strive for improvements in your own area and others.
- You are part of the team that produces highest quality Dr. Oetker products.
- Cleanliness, food safety and security is of the utmost importance for Dr. Oetker and for you.
- You understand that management may at its discretion reassign you to a different position, line, shift, shift rotation and/or department based on operational need.
- You excel in accuracy, reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, and verbal communication in English.
- Experience working in a food manufacturing sanitation environment is considered an asset.
- Experience in operating hand pallet trucks, Genie boom, and forklift is considered an asset.
- You are strong in your technical knowledge of equipment and chemical usage in a food manufacturing environment and have knowledge in cleaning chemistry, basic microbiology, allergen control, sanitary design, and HACCP.
- Physical essential abilities are handling heavy loads (up to 25 KG), manual dexterity, bending, twisting and lifting abilities.
- You pay attention to detail and have good hand-eye co-ordination.
- You have your own transportation as public transportation is not available.
- Must be able to touch and work with pork, chicken and beef productions.
- You are able to work days and afternoon shifts, on a two week rotating basis.
- You can work varied 8 hour shifts, and overtime if required.
- You have the availability to work a 3 shift rotation and work scheduled shifts on weekends, including coverage of unexpected leaves of absences and vacation and overtime as required.
- This is a straight midnight position.