This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Apr 29, 2021
Project Manager - Engineering (R&D)
Wondering what’s within Danaher? Take a closer look.
At first glance, you’ll see Danaher’s scale. Our 67,000 associates work across the globe at more than 25 unique operating companies within four platforms—life sciences, diagnostics, water quality, and product identification. Look again and you’ll see the opportunity to build a meaningful career, be creative, and take risks with the support you need to be successful. You’ll find associates who are as certain about their impact as they are about where they’re headed next. You’ll find the Danaher Business System, which makes everything possible. You’ll also see a company that investors trust—our culture of continuous improvement has helped us outperform the S&P 500 by more than 5,000% over the past 25 years.
And no matter where you look at Trojan Technologies or at Danaher, at the heart of what we do, you’ll witness our shared purpose—helping realize life’s potential—in action. Whether we’re enabling our customers to provide clean water, supporting a life-saving vaccine development, advancing a new instrument for cancer diagnosis, or ensuring product safety, our work helps improve millions of lives.
We hope you’ll see yourself here, too. What you find at Trojan Technologies and at Danaher—and within yourself— might just change the world.
The Project Manager (PM) role is a challenging, dynamic, customer-facing role that is central to the Municipal project business. The PM is responsible for the design and delivery of multiple projects to meet customer requirements and corporate objectives. The PM is a member of a Project Excellence Team focused on a segment of the Municipal market. Working closely with customers to understand their needs, the PM will work with a cross-functional team to define customer requirements, complete detailed design, release to production, and provide oversight to Commissioning of equipment during installation and acceptance testing, ensuring the Trojan solution is delivered per the agreed to specification, on time and on budget. The PM engages frequently with customers and stakeholders in the market to resolve issues and ensure customer satisfaction throughout the project life-cycle.
Measures of Performance
- Coordinates work of a cross-functional team responsible for supporting Municipal bids and project delivery within the assigned portfolio/region
- Works closely with Sales partners to develop winning proposals based on cost effective solutions that meet customer requirements
- Manages projects including technical and commercial aspects - reviews contracts and technical specifications; ensures that performance, cost, and quality objectives are met; works with Service and Trojan Finance in timely project close out of customer contracts
- Provides professional customer service, negotiating and resolving issues with customers and external stakeholders through all phases of the project to ensure customer satisfaction
- Solves technical problems, evaluating systems and or processes to determine root cause and implement corrective actions as required, engaging subject matter experts as needed
- Provides accurate and timely communication of issues, risks, and corrective actions related to the projects
- Works in accordance with legal, safety, and regulatory requirements and completes work in accordance with corporate standards
- Integrates activities and cross-functional resources, including third parties, as required to support project delivery and start-up and commissioning related activities
- Leverages the Danaher Business System (DBS) to drive continuous improvement of processes and work products, sharing opportunities to improve and learnings with the team
Critical Competencies / Leadership Anchors:
- Municipal UV bid and revenue targets
- On time delivery of projects
- On budget delivery of projects
- Quality of project and processes according to corporate standards (KPI’s and ISO)
- Understands global business needs, anticipate future trends, implement improvement opportunities (Charts the Course)
- Must be able to apply Voice of Customer (VOC) to understand customer needs (Drives Innovation and Growth)
- Takes actions and makes decisions that support the DBS culture. (Leads through DBS)
- Brings energy, direction and purpose to the workplace every day. (Builds People, Teams & Organizations)
- Behaves in a way that is aligned with the Danaher Standards of Conduct. (Models Humility, Transparency & Integrity )
- Strong team acumen and ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional environment
- Attention to detail and tactical execution
- Demonstrated temperament and ability to manage expectations with customers and deal in challenging, crucial conversational environments with a mature and professional approach
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders in a global environment
- Self-motivated and able to manage concurrent, conflicting priorities
- Demonstrates the ability to manage unstructured, complex tasks
What makes this opportunity great? Let us tell you...
- Advanced technical degree (e.g. Engineering)
- Project management experience, PMP designation would be an asset
- Three to five years of relevant work experience would be an asset
- Experience working with cross-functional technical discipline teams
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings (mechanical, electrical, P&ID)
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of water treatment plant processes (wastewater and clean water)
- Experience in customer relations and negotiations
- Fluent in English, French, additional languages would be an asset
- Must be in a commutable distance to London, Ontario
Diversity & Inclusion
- You help us ensure greater water confidence and environmental stewardship for people, industries and municipalities, improving the lives of over one billion people globally.
- You work in a collaborative culture that values a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a good sense of partnership
- Development and Career Opportunities within Hach and Danaher
- Our team of associates is passionate about achieving great results for our customers
- Ability to fully use your breadth and depth of experience; no pigeonhole here!
- And there is a lot of great work happening; it is always busy.
At Hach and at Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values.
At Danaher, we’re driven by a sense of wonder for what we can create—and what we can become. Here, you’ll accelerate your career while driving innovation that improves lives. You’ll work hard and take risks, with guidance from committed leaders, powerful DBS tools, and the support of a global organization.
If you’d like to learn more, read stories from our associates on our?Careers Blog?or?reach out to one of our recruiters.??
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.