Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Using their training in quality, operational procedures, and occupational health and safety, the Operator is responsible for the assembly of product, using assigned welding equipment/machinery.
- Equivalent to completion of high school or related work experience.
- Ability to understand/follow direction and work safely.
- Skill gained by experience working in a manufacturing facility.
- Must be to operate basic computer functions including software programs and applications.
- Must be motivated and ambitious to contribute to Presstran’s continued success.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates machinery/equipment by loading single or multiple parts onto fixtures (lifts, moves, stacks, etc.).
- Troubleshoots equipment within scope of responsibility.
- Be flexible and open to changes in assignment to provide support to other areas of the department.
- Trains workers (fulltime or temporary) in machine specific training as required.
- Ensure WIP meets standards.
- Takes part in the continuous improvement process to improve productivity and quality (provides suggestions, participates in problem-solving, volunteers on committee or focus group activities, etc.) and focuses on solutions.
- Alert supervisor/lead hand of any safety, quality, maintenance or production concerns related to equipment.
- Performs First Offs and Last Offs as required.
- Performs visual and documented inspections on parts as required by the customer.
- Able to operate basic computer functions including software programs and applications.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Comes to work each day, as scheduled.
Approaches each day and each challenge with a positive attitude.
Conducts themselves in a professional manner when receiving or giving feedback/information, whether it is positive or constructive.
Supports and models the Presstran operational procedures/policies, Employee Handbook and “How We Work Together”, Magna Employee’s Charter, Magna Corporate Constitution.
Follows and complies with all operational procedures/policies as stated in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environmental programs (e.g., ISO/IATF-16949).
Required to adhere to all Health and Safety programs in accordance with the OHSA. Follows and ensures the Company’s procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed throughout their assigned area.
Takes pride in keeping their work area clean and tidy.
Other duties as required.
Overtime after 44 hours per week.
Vacation: 2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 Personal Paid Holidays (PPH)
Benefits: Medical and Dental Coverage. Plant wide Incentive Program – based on a number of factors, all members of our team receive an Incentive Bonus, if requirements are met. Magna Profit Sharing. Matched GRRSP. Company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage. Educational Assistance program. Work boot, safety glasses and custom molded earplug allowances.
Weekly pay via direct deposit. Barbecues and Children’s Christmas Party.
Roger’s cell phone plan available to Presstran Team Members, month Employee discounts (new vehicle, amusement parks etc.)
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.