This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Finance and Accounting Administrator
If you are looking for an opportunity to continuously learn and grow your Finance and accounting skills while getting experience working at a multi-faceted growing company, we would like to hear from you!
As the Finance and Accounting Administrator, you will be responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient handling of the financial activities related to A & L Canada Laboratories (A & L) and our related companies. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Services, you will be specifically responsible for:
· Conduct A/R activities related to A & L and the related companies including posting daily receipts, preparing customer invoices and statements, g/l entries and preparing the aged receivables report.
· Assist with Bank Recs and general accounting analysis including cash flow.
· Support month end and audit requirements.
· Prepare A & L and related companies’ payroll once per month and provide support with Benefits Administration.
· Provide back up support to the A/P Clerk and to A/R collections.
· Perform other duties as assigned to support your personal growth and development and assist within the department.
We require you to have the following:
· Ideally working towards a CPA designation or experience working in a similar environment
· Have 5 to 10 years of progressive experience in accounting; multi company, multi country experience would be a strong asset.
· Good verbal communication skills.
· Excellent customer services skills and completely understands that Accounting is a service department.
· Previous experience processing payroll with a third-party provider would be an asset.
· Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships and professional boundaries with people in the course of work is required.
· Must be a good problem solver and show tenacity in getting the job done.
· A positive attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves and be flexible to change course if priorities must change.
A&L Canada Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in performing analytical laboratorytesting and consulting services for the agriculture, environmental, food and beverage, and pharmaceutical industries. The company also performs chemical Cannabislaboratory testing for the country's various cannabis programs.
We offer a competitive salary, a matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits including an EAP, and professional development and career support. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
If this sounds like the job for you, please direct your cover letter and resume no later than November 18, 2022.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounting: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location