Specialist/Engineer - Rapid Prototype Controller (RPC) Developer & Tester
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
The role requires a mechatronics background with the skills and abilities to develop models and execute validation / verification tasks. Tasks may include:
- Testing control systems in both virtual and physical aspects
- Virtual testing requires development of VBA code, static analysis data and Simulink models for testing control systems
- Physical testing tasks utilize rapid prototype controllers (RPC) and tools to verify developed embedded control systems software on the hardware/vehicle.
- Creating, maintaining and executing code/methods to automated testing models/code for verification tasks
- Creating test plans/procedures for vehicle level or subsystem level testing
- Utilizing workflow management tools to store task execution and communications
- Supporting commission tasks of harnesses / network communications, and devices
- Working with the electrical team to design and commission harnesses for the HIL system and on vehicle systems
- Aiding in the development of integration level models. Supporting the MBSE developers when required
This advanced and diverse role is a great opportunity for a holistic engineer for intermediate to advanced experience levels.
- University degree/college diploma in an engineering field
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Vetronics / mechatronics background – familiarity with data types, syntax, and control structures.
- Hands on integration and testing of Vetronic Systems / mechatronics devices.
- Experience in vehicle and subsystem testing, creating test plans/procedures and execution of vehicle/subsystem tests, experience in data collection, and processing.
- Understanding of Communication networks including CAN, J1939, and LIN.
- Experience coding with VBA
- Model based software’s (i.e. Matlab/Simulink, CAD, Enterprise Architect, dSPACE control desk)
- Workflow tools (ie. Atlassian tools Jira, Bitbutcket.)
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.