Quality Engineering Coordinator
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
The Engineering Coordinator-Quality is required to work with all departments on the development of new products in order to meet customer and ISO/IATF-16949 requirements. This includes all quality related aspects of PPAP, prototype and ongoing product development
- Act as a champion/decision maker for quality related issues within the scope of responsibility
- Maintain a thorough understanding of customer product and engineering specifications.
- Leads all program launch activities from the quality perspective.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Works with Presstran personnel on APQP and cross functional teams on the development of new and existing components to meet critical customer deadlines.
- Implements new procedures and processes in prototype stages of product launches in compliance with customer specific requirements.
- Coordinates, prepare and implement new program fixture build cost, timing and quality, to meet customer and Presstran standards.
- Actively participates in the development of PFMEA’s
- Review problem reports and responses with resolutions to ensure there will be no recurrence.
- Evaluates dimensional issues and develop appropriate SC’s and/or CCs on new programs in conjunction with the project co-ordinator and/or customer.
- Liaises between customers, Q.A., Engineering, Manufacturing and subcontractors.
- Plans and prepares PPAP submissions on new products and engineering changes to meet customer deadlines and customer specific requirements (PSO and Run @ Rate)
- Develops and maintains Q.A. Control Plan Package documentation and procedures.
- Evaluates quality issues utilizing appropriate problem solving techniques, CAD, statistics and GD&T as required.
- Assists in ISO/IATF-16949 and ISO14000 implementation and compliance.
- Microsoft Office, Windows, databases, spreadsheets, word processing, AutoCAD, Mechanical Desktop, etc.
- Post-secondary graduate with a technical degree.
- At least 3 years of automotive, Q.A. and/or quality Coordinator experience.
- Computer and CAD proficiency is required.
- Prior experience implementing ISO/IATF-16949procedures, APQP, PPAP submissions, GD&T, Flow Diagrams, FMEA’s , Control Plans, Statistics, Fixture Development and independent work with tooling subcontractors.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use basic measurement tools (height gauge, vernier, micrometer, bore gauge, indicator, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis using various problem solving techniques including Drill Deep, 8D, 5 Phase.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate cross-functional team meetings
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates urgency and the ability to work to meet deadlines and multiple demands
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to travel and work overtime on short notice to meet customer and plant needs.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.