Network Security Engineer II (Contractor)
McCormick Canada continues its long track record of growth and is a respected leader in the spice, seasoning, flavouring and specialty food industry. Our consumer products division serves retail grocery customers and emerging channels with Club House, Billy Bee and McCormick products, while our Custom Flavour Solutions division serves food service distributors and other respected food manufacturers across Canada. McCormick Canada is part of the world leader in spice and seasonings, McCormick & Company Inc.
The Power of People is one of our five pillars. It has been the foundation for McCormick's success for decades. There is something inspiring about working at McCormick. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values. Without our employees, our success is not possible. Our commitment to our customers, our consumers and our employees is unsurpassed.
Position Overview/Primary Purpose:
The Senior Network Security Engineer is responsible for maintenance and development of crucial network security solutions. That role is involved in positioning, configuration, provisioning and administration of different pieces of network security including cloud and on-premise solutions. This position will also be responsible for working with other Security team members to review and process security requests, participate in security investigations, and lead, consult, and participate in IT projects and initiatives.
This role reports to the Cyber Security Manager.
- Lead for assessing network security solution and how best to integrate them across the group whilst being an evangelist in driving innovations.
- Design, implement and maintain firewall (CheckPoint), VPN (Pulse), proxy (Zscaler) and cloud security solutions.
- Define and maintain configuration lifecycle within network security policies for firewalls and proxies.
- Monitor, control, and support execution of security requests.
- Resolve incidents and network security problems
- Participate in on-call rota
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure appropriate security incident management and threat response processes are followed.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly network security administration tasks.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve any network and security issues/concerns.
- Regularly reviewing security infrastructure to ensure best practices are being followed and where necessary to escalate problems/issues as necessary.
- Identify potential threats and risks and makes recommendations to mitigate these issues
- Maintain all network security diagrams, inventories and documentation.
- Monitor resolution of problems to ensure continuous improvement to the network security infrastructure.
- Provide technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other teams in the organization.
- Liaise with vendors and business as appropriate
- Lead security projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or in a relevant field.
- 8 years experience in network security
- Broad knowledge of networking, security, infrastructure and application technologies including firewalls, VPN, proxy, encryption
- 5 years experience working in a 24x7 global enterprise environment
- 5 years experience in CheckPoint firewalls including design, installation, upgrade, patching
- 3 years experience in VPN, proxy solutions - Pulse and Zscaler preferred
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- The ability to act as a liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and system constraints back to the business;
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Positive approach to customer service with demonstrated ability to handle high pressure support needs in a calm, respectful, and efficient manner.
- Ability to maintain confidential and personal information
- ITILv3, Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CheckPoint certificate (CCSE or CCSM)
- 2+ year public cloud IAAS experience (Azure, AWS)
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.