Product Innovation Manager
The purpose of the Product Innovation Manager (PIM) is to identify, define, and quantify new business opportunities thought Product/Portfolio Actions. This role will drive product innovation and lead New Product Development efforts. This position will be engaged in the development of roadmaps, strategic planning and other Policy Deployment initiatives focused on organic product development or using Open Innovation partners to fill portfolio gaps for Trojan Technologies.
- Set what is “In scope” verse “Not-in-scope” through the use of rigorous Voice of Customer, prioritization and trade-off tools and techniques.
- Lead product development as a customer champion to identify technical and commercial customer pain-points, user needs and synthesize and communicate these goals to internal teams to ensure our products solve valuable problems in attractive segments.
- Works with 3rd party open innovation partners and OEM’s to develop relationship and evaluate for portfolio expansion actions.
- Drives innovative business opportunities through a Phase-Gate Development process in the capacity of a Product Owner/Manager from “product ideation” phase to the “Detailed Design” phase of the projects. Assuring maximum ROI considering capacity and capability gaps, channel gaps & incremental revenue and margin improvements.
- Responsible for the development of business cases for roadmap and early evaluation, scoping products, assesses competition and market segmentations.
- BS or BA in Engineering or the Sciences required
- MBA or equivalent highly desirable
- 5-10 years of related Product Innovation, Product Management or Project Management experience
- Broad and deep understanding of Voice of Customer research methodologies and applications
- Extensive expertise in product development and/or Agile/Scrum Development.
- Travel requirement of 25%
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.