This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 02, 2023
Director of Product Development
The Director, Product Development will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team to develop new products from concept to launch. As the cannabis industry continues to evolve, consumers and patients are seeking novel and innovative products that align with their usage needs and quality expectations. As we seek to evolve our portfolio to offer continued differentiation and innovation, we’re seeking a key individual to lead and apply a customer focus to these activities.
This role requires a capable people leader who effectively works with interdisciplinary teams to conduct comprehensive research and development, map critical paths and timelines, and execute and deliver market-ready products to the business.
This industry moves at a rapid pace with a need to deliver on short-term needs while ensuring the long-term strategy is not sacrificed. The successful candidate will be an expert at navigating competing interests, prioritizing and communicating with stakeholders across the organization.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
· Develop and implement a complete product lifecycle management process and lead a stage gate process to evaluate and prioritize development activities
· Create the project schedule, budget, production pathways, and overall plan; continue to provide leadership through the full product lifecycle
· Manage a cross-functional team to execute on the ideation set forth by the marketing innovation team
· Detail and design product, packaging, and overall consumer experience according to brand identity
· Lead QA, Engineering, and Operations through the development process to ensure product design and manufacturing processes are scalable, enable quality by design, and flawless execution through launch
· Establish co-manufacturing and supply chain links where necessary to support operations
· Engage engineering, operations, quality, and revenue teams to ensure an agile approach to development and commercialization, optimizing timelines
· Collaborate with cross-departmental teams to develop a cohesive and comprehensive understanding of our key business drivers
· Manage, coach and develop staff to ensure growth and expand the talent base
· Set clear goals for the team and hold employees accountable for deliverables
· Create a culture that provides continuous feedback, support and empowerment
· Other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills:
· 10+ years of experience in product development, product management, or related innovation roles in a pharmaceutical, food, or other manufacturing industries
· 5+ years of demonstrated excellence in leadership and managing a diverse team
· Understands requirements and limitations for products under Health Canada Cannabis Regulations and Good Production Practices
· Deep knowledge of, and a passion for, cannabis and the cannabis industry
· Strong ability to bring innovative ideas from concept to market
· High level of Problem Solving and Analytical skills
· Superior ability to work cross-functionally and lead multidisciplinary teams