Sanitation Technician (Afternoon Shift)
WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse, outdoor and processing facility located in Strathroy, Ontario. WeedMD also operates CX Industries Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WeedMD Inc., from the Company’s fully-licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, Ontario production facility which specializes in cannabis extraction and processing. With the recent acquisition of Starseed Medicinal Inc., a medical-centric licensed holder with operations in Bowmanville, Ontario, WeedMD has expanded its multi-channeled distribution strategy. Starseed’s industry-first, exclusive partnership with LiUNA, the largest construction union in Canada, along with other employers and union groups complements WeedMD’s direct sales to medical patients. The Company maintains strategic relationships across the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies where its adult-use brands Color Cannabis and Saturday are sold.
The Sanitation Technician (Afternoon Shift) will hold a pivotal role in ensuring compliance standards are met across sanitation practices at our Aylmer and/or Strathroy location(s). The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a natural drive for teamwork as well as the ability to work independently.
- Participate in the cleaning and sanitization of production and storage areas and equipment by following established Standard Operating Procedures
- Completion of documentation to record the adequate sanitation of equipment and production & storage areas.
- Handling of sanitation chemicals in accordance with safe handling practices & SDS records
- Manage waste in accordance with compliance standards
- Work in conjunction with the maintenance team as required
- Must be available to work afternoon shifts
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work at heights; ability to stand & bend down for long intermittent periods to perform sanitation activities; ability to lift & move equipment as needed.
- High School diploma required
- Previous experience in sanitation or in a manufacturing environment considered an asset
- Experience working in an environment regulated by Health Canada also considered an asset
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Experience with adhering to standard operating procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time