|Quality Assurance Supervisor - London, ON
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Supervisor will be responsible for the coordination of work to ensure the successful implementation of High Park Farms quality management system in pursuance of regulatory compliance and achievement of business goals. The Quality Assurance Supervisor will work closely with production, maintenance, facilities and shipping teams to ensure that quality standards are established, implemented and maintained throughout all production and manufacturing operations.
Through the effective management of targets, goals and production efficiencies, the Quality Assurance Supervisor will ensure the ongoing success of the Quality Assurance team. The Quality Assurance Supervisor will improve quality inspection, monitoring, documentation and other in-house processes with the objective of constant improvement of quality processes. The Quality Assurance Supervisor will support the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the quality assurance systems in strict compliance with Health Canada’s Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality systems within the department to ensure product quality and/or regulatory compliance.
- Monitor all QC and QA related data for compliance, the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations, and lead corrective action required.
- Perform GPP audits, communicate non-compliances and collaborate with respective departments on corrective actions.
- Support management of the Change Control System, Validation System and Deviation Investigation Reports (DIR), including Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA). Ensure all reports are completed in timely manner.
- Perform and/or oversee batch record review and approval process.
- Assist in the coordination of quality assurance schedules.
- Monitor the performance of quality assurance employees within department.
- Maintain a safe, clean and legally compliant workplace.
- Identify, investigate, correct and document potential quality and compliance issues.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities, with other departments.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Motivate members through the setting of clear expectations.
- Coordinate with other supervisors, leads, and managers to obtain maximum use of resources.
- Plan for manpower and equipment needs.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
- Provide leadership for problem and conflict resolution.
- Identify and determine quality and productivity related problems and solutions.
- Coordinate and oversee employee work assignments and special projects.
- Must have B.Sc in Biology or Chemistry and/or equivalent work experience.
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications.
- Experience in a supervisory role and asset.
- Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating staff, vendors, and other departments.
- Highly capable of multi-tasking, with minimal supervision.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Able to interface directly with cross functional teams.
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and audits.
- Proven problem identification skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Must have the ability to obtain security cleared personnel status under Health Canada Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations.
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). The Company does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of the Company, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org