Product Compliance Specialist
1.0 Position Summary:
This position is responsible to ensure all products being sold by Masco Canada are compliant to MCL Compliance policy.
2.0 Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Promoting a culture of compliance
- Supports compliance policy and procedure continuous improvements to ensure MCL has a robust compliance process
- Responsible to ensure MCL products are meetings applicable product requirements, codes and laws
- Provides training, guidance and technical direction to Engineering personnel on CSA, ASSE, ASME, and IAPMO requirements.
- Prepares coordinated response to proposed code changes.
- Reviews packaging, specification sheets and marketing documentation for accurate compliance claims
- Create and/or approves certification test plans
- Coordinates submissions through sister business units as required.
- Write and/or approves submission reports to 3rd party certifiers.
- Update and/or approves listings and modifies submission reports to 3rd party certifiers.
- Provides support to plants’ QA departments for follow-up audit issues.
- Assures test reports are complete for listing purposes, requiring significant clarifications and adjustments.
- Ensures all product water usage values are reported to FTC, DOE, and CEC as required by Federal US law, on an annual basis. Must also report to same regulatory bodies when models are introduced or discontinued.
- Coordinates with 3rd party certifying bodies to assure products are listed prior to launch.
- Provides assistance with internal audit program for evaluation of existing products and works with laboratory personnel to maintain test equipment calibration records.
3.0 Health & Safety:
- Maintain a safe workplace
- Wear Personal Protective equipment as required on the shop floor
- Comply with the company policies and OHSA (Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Follow safe work and lockout / tagout procedures as required
- Report unsafe conditions as soon as possible
- Ensure compliance with the Masco Canada Product Compliance Management System
- Follow all area work instructions and procedures in order to ensure quality standards are adhered to
- Report any potentially defective or damaged products or packaging to the quality dept and the supervisor
6.0 Autonomous Maintenance:
- Ensure your work area is maintained at required daily 5S standards
- Correct any deviations from 5S standards immediately
8.0 Daily Management:
9.0 Standard Work:
- Must possess excellent problem-solving and organizational skills and be able to effectively communicate with various groups of people (internal, agencies, customers, etc.)
- Familiarity with relevant documents such as design specs, work instructions, training guides and test methods would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of internal and industry standards and test methods for plumbing products, such as CSA, ASSE, ASME, ASTM as well as manufacturing processes would also benefit the incumbent.
- Proficiency at software applications Word, Excel and Access is mandatory.
11.0 Educational Requirements:
- Ideal candidate will possess a three or four-year diploma / degree at an accredited college or university and 10+ years of related experience with plumbing products and codes/standards
12.0 Additional Skills / Knowledge Requirements / Other:
13.0 # of Personnel Supervised
Masco Canada Limited
Shift 1 (Canada)
Full or Part Time
Masco Corporation (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish