This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Project Manager (Remote)
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
The Project Manager’ core responsibility is to build, manager and deliver projects. They are responsible for engaging project participants and sponsors to ensure active participation on project initiatives and deliverables measured with industry standard documents (ex: RACI charts, project charters and plans).
The Project Manager must inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork, and service to the business.
In this role, the Project Manager will work with all areas of the organization to deliver cross functional goal-oriented projects. They will lead, facilitate, and participate in a wide variety of meetings to gather objectives, milestones, named assigned resources and detailed tasks required to ensure successful project fulfillment.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Responsible for the coordination of projects for selection and presentation to the Leadership team for final decision making in line with customers, stakeholders and strategic initiatives
- Establish, maintain, and cultivate winning relationships with clients, both internal and external, to satisfy client needs and ensure business continuity.
- Able to balance multiple complex projects at the same time.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet business requirements and stakeholder objectives.
- Proactively identify potential project roadblocks, define mitigation solutions and develop contingency plans as needed.
- Establish clear ownership and accountabilities for project tasks; ensure that team members have the tools needed and provide timely feedback.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues and risks to business owners and sponsors. Present reports defining project progress, requirements documentations, problems and solutions.
- Ability to manage projects post implementation including measurement of key objectives, troubleshooting, optimization, road mapping.
- Develop with business owners, SOPs, best practices, lessons learned for internal and external stakeholders
- Manage, develop, and evolve project charters, project plans and timeline specific records
- Work with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) as this role will begin with a focus on Development projects extended outward across the organization
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting; preparing project budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action
The ideal candidate will bring:
- PMP (or equivalent) required.
- Prior experience with JIRA, Smart Sheets, MS Project or other Project Delivery applications.
- Strong willed, excellent communication skills, adaptable, and passionate.
- Provides leadership and ensures accountability for achievement of results
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate in both technical and user-friendly language
- Excellent organizational/problem-solving skills, and strong attention to detail
- Strong motivation, commitment, and proactive and positive attitude
- Ability to think and apply outside-the-box concepts to common problems
- University Degree/College Diploma in Business Analysis, Project Management/IT Project Management, or relevant education in Business
- Exposure and experience using project management software & standards – MS Project, Asana, Gantt Charts, Visio, etc.
- Experience in an agile development environment considered an asset
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to help, motivate, influence key resources
- Ability and desire to travel to Canada, USA or Mexico (if required) up to 25% of the time
Buckland is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
Upon request, Buckland will make accommodations available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.