Process Engineering Specialist
McCormick Canada continues its long track record of growth and is a respected leader in the spice, seasoning, flavouring and specialty food industry. Our consumer products division serves retail grocery customers and emerging channels with Club House, Billy Bee and McCormick products, while our Custom Flavour Solutions division serves food service distributors and other respected food manufacturers across Canada. McCormick Canada is part of the world leader in spice and seasonings, McCormick & Company Inc.
The Power of People is one of our five pillars. It has been the foundation for McCormick's success for decades. There is something inspiring about working at McCormick. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values. Without our employees, our success is not possible. Our commitment to our customers, our consumers and our employees is unsurpassed.
McCormick Canada is currently looking to hire a Process Engineering Specialist to join our Continuous Improvement Team. This position will be located in our London, ON location.
The Process Engineering Specialist will be responsible for the overall improvement of McCormick Canada manufacturing process and standard operating procedures. This role will work with Department Managers to ensure that the formal change process is used thereby ensuring that change proposals are appropriately evaluated prior to change. Key concentrations include working on each of the 7 wastes and eliminating them based on TPM and lean problem-solving tools.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Focus on cost reduction programs, process improvements and engineering service requests as well as evaluation and recommendation of process capital improvements and automation.
- Critical analysis of processes/systems/practices to identify current gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Providing expertise for manufacturing improvements and facilitate continual dedication to prevention of defects and CCI (Comprehensive Continuous Improvement).
- Use the 7-wastes as guiding principles to drive the waste to zero and the throughput of a machine to its optimal rate and support the development of the full capital solution.
- Provide Process Engineering Specialist support and project engineering guidance to filling, processing, and/or support departments under the direction of the Department Manager(s).
- Supporting the development of the following documents for assigned areas:
- Department Operating Procedures and line machinery training manuals
- Standard Operating Procedures. ie., Lubrication, Preventative Maintenance, Autonomous Maintenance, focused improvement, and quality systems
- Standard Control Procedures
- All run documents including Baseline Audit Sheets, Changeover documents, Shutdown procedures, Startup procedures, and Operational Cleaning procedures.
- Line Capabilities.
- Coaching and developing a team of Technicians to ensure uniformity across all departments.
- Critical data analysis related to key operational systems (yield loss and equipment downtime).
- Coaching on the data analysis tools and systems with an emphasis on direct team members.
- Support new plant startups providing personal technical expertise and process team support.
- BASc (Bachelor of Applied Science) in Relevant Engineering field (ME, IE, EE, or related).
- One year of relevant production/engineering experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience with plant operations, packaging and processing equipment
- Experience developing and writing procedures with cross functional teams.
- Working knowledge of MPWS systems
- Experience in facilitative coaching and mentoring
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply at; www.mccormickcorporation.com, job requisition ID 81037
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Throughout the selection process, accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify H.R. if required.