Accounts Payable Analyst - Temporary
Job Number: 15980
Group: Cosma International
Division: Formet Industries
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: St. Thomas
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
This position ensures the timely processing of vendor invoices and the accurate maintenance of all accounts payable.
**This is a temporary role with an expected end date of June 10, 2022**
- High school diploma or equivalent, post-secondary preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferable with an automotive background.
- Experience using an integrated accounts payable financial module, SAP is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations and Formet’s Visions/Values through Magna’s Employee Charter.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Safeguard all financial documents and keep all financial matters private and confidential.
- Process invoices including verification of pricing, receipt and authorization.
- Entry of vendor invoices into SAP accounts payable module.
- Match vendor invoices to packing slips.
- Send invoices to appropriate department for approval when required.
- Cash flow management including payment terms adjustments and releasing of cheques.
- Interact with Purchasing and other departments to ensure order information is current.
- Discussions with vendors relating to invoices and payments.
- Resolve vendor payment issues by communication between Formet employees and vendors.
- Maintain accounts payable vendor files in SAP and hard copy, and vendor reconciliations.
- Review expense reports for accuracy and distribute costs to appropriate accounts.
- Process cheques for vendors and employee expenses.
- Wire transfer intercompany amounts on scheduled dates.
- Complete monthly accrual listing of expenses not entered into SAP including any estimates of expenses not invoiced, to be entered as a Journal entry at month end.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations.
- Assist in special projects as required.
- Perform other duties as designated.
- Office and Manufacturing Environments.
- Able to work shift work.
- Able to be flexible in hours of work in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
Safety and Housekeeping
- Responsible to adhere to all Health and Safety programs in accordance with the O.H.S.A.
- Follow and ensure the company’s procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed throughout the plant.
- Ensure that you work and operate equipment according to Formet’s safety rules and regulations.
- Active role in maintaining excellent housekeeping through leading by example.
- Ensure that your department is clean, tidy, organized and a safe workplace at all times.
- As with Safety, Security is everyone’s responsibility and Formet requires its employees to contribute to this activity by immediately notifying your supervisor when you identify security issues that affect the integrity of our supply chain, in accordance with PIP (Partners in Protection) and C-TPAT (Customs – Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) requirements.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.