Specialist, Project Management
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
- Project Management of Customer Sustainment Services (CSS) projects including bidding, planning, monitoring execution, risk management, and project closeout
- Interface with internal and external customers to determine requirements, communicate progress, and resolve issues
- Ensure CSS Contract Deliverables are provided on time and in compliance with contractual requirements
- Monitor and track performance to budget and schedule using Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) for all CSS Elements, initiate Baseline Change Request (BCR) and schedule adjustments as necessary
- Provide tracking of Contractor Acquired Property within CSS
- Provide direct and indirect support to Program Launch and Production Launch Teams
- Develop and deliver presentations to customers, Program Administration, CSS leadership, and senior leadership as required to provide project updates
- Support CSS resource planning activities and reviews
- University degree or College diploma
- Minimum 3 to 5 years Program or Project Management experience, ideally in a defence contract or military support environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with customers in a productive, mutually beneficial relationship
- Strong communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated strength in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel (5% Canadian, 5% US & Int'l) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
Basic knowledge of Earned Value Management
- Experience with Integrated Logistics Support elements and with multiple roles in CSS
- Experience with contracts, subcontracts and Bid and Proposal development
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Working knowledge of Light Armoured Vehicle (LAV) Systems and Support/Sustainment of LAV Systems
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.