Accounting and Finance Lead
Job ID LON00814
Date posted 02/11/2021
Location : London, Canada
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Accounting and Finance Lead will supervise a team of accounting and finance professionals to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of day-to-day accounting activities. This position supports three locations that are dedicated to McDonald's. In this position you will support McDonald's directly with financial forecast projections and analysis. We seek a professional with interpersonal skills who will contribute to establishing and maintaining accounting policies and fiscal controls, as well as prepare financial reports and safeguard the organization's assets.
- Execute moderately complex accounting policies and procedures.
- Lead all aspects of the day-to-day accounting operations required to support the McDonald's business.
- Coordinate accounting processes that are executed by other accountants.
- Apply substantial understanding of accounting practices and procedures to guide direct reports on creating technical accounting report packages.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Experience with SAP
- Prior experience within Finance role working for McDonalds
- Experience with Foreign Currency, Hedging and Trading
- Experience within a Finance for a Poultry Harvest Facility