At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements, and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
Job Summary: Our Operator Helpers are responsible for quickly and safely preparing large quantities of paper cup products for shipping.
- Provides support for the operations team by working safely to feed material into machines, inspect product for defects and pack finished goods in correct configuration
- Performs quality checks and ensures correct counts on various product sizes and packs into the appropriate packaging
- Makes minor machine adjustments to minimize interruptions and ensure quality product
- Replacement of adhesive tape in hand tapers and automatic sealing machinery
- Ensure that any finished goods or work in progress identification labels are present and placed in the correct position
- Stacks finished product in correct configuration, ready for transportation
- Responsible for ensuring good housekeeping, and that area(s) of responsibility are safe, clean and tidy
- Promptly inform supervisor of any issues concerning health and safety, hygiene, quality and efficiencies
- Follows all Company established rules and policies; Adheres to all Safety rules and regulations
- Completes paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Must possess a secondary school diploma and clean criminal record check
- Must be able to continually perform tasks that require bending, lifting and twisting
- Must be able to work in an environment with hot temperatures
- Must demonstrate teamwork and reliability
- Must demonstrate mechanical inclination by successfully completing assessment
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. #LI-TM1 " #CB1
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the "EEO is The Law" poster.
Please click here to view the "EEO is The Law" poster supplement. Please click here to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com. Please clearly indicate that you need assistance. Recruiter and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered.