The Manager, Product Development will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team to develop new products from concept to launch. As the cannabis industry continues to evolve, consumers and patients are seeking novel and innovative products that align with their usage needs and quality expectations. As we seek to evolve our portfolio to offer continued differentiation and innovation, we’re seeking a key individual to lead and apply a customer focus to these activities.
This role requires a capable people leader who effectively works with interdisciplinary teams to conduct comprehensive research and development, map critical paths and timelines, and execute and deliver market-ready products to the business.
This industry moves at a rapid pace with a need to deliver on short-term needs while ensuring the long-term strategy is not sacrificed. The successful candidate will be an expert at navigating competing interests, prioritizing and communicating with stakeholders across the organization. Company:
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
· Lead the development of a product pipeline driven by the Marketing innovation team
· Manage a cross-functional team to design both product and packaging, developing critical path timelines.
· Liaise with QA, Engineering, and Operations to ensure product design and manufacturing processes are scalable, enable quality by design, and ensure adequate time during the commercialization phase.
· Where required, cultivate relationships with third parties to support product innovation and contract manufacturing
· Work closely with all operational and revenue teams on the development of business cases, with the end goal of presenting winning opportunities
· Engage engineering, operations, quality, and revenue teams to evaluate opportunities and enable a high speed to market
· Collaborate with cross-departmental teams to develop a cohesive and comprehensive understanding of our key business drivers
· Other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills:
· A Bachelor's in a relevant field of science or engineering is required
· 5+ years of experience in product development, product management, or related innovation roles in a pharmaceutical, food, or other manufacturing industries
· Familiarity with Health Canada Cannabis Regulations and Good Production Practices an asset
· Deep knowledge of, and a passion for, cannabis and the cannabis industry
· Strong ability to bring innovative ideas from concept to market
· High level of Problem Solving and Analytical skills
· Superior ability to work cross-functionally and lead multidisciplinary teams
· Strong leadership skills with an ability to set a vision and lead change