Human Resources Business Partner - Contract Position
Purpose: Provides full cycle Human Resources support that includes both strategic and operational assistance to assigned functional groups to enable execution of organizational goals. This role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence.
- Maintain current Job Descriptions for current positions and maintain up to date organizational charts as required
- Champion and drive participation of engagement initiatives with stakeholders within designated portfolio
- Executes key HR programs and initiatives in alignment delivering clear value add.
RECRUITMENT AND ON-BOARDING
- Initiate recruitment approval process with hiring managers for exiting positions
- End to end leadership of assigned recruitment mandates
- Coordinate effective onboarding plans for all new hires
- Assist People Leaders to develop and execute robust 30-60-90-day plans
- Administer the annual and probationary performance management process to ensure the evaluation process is clearly defined and adhered to
- Drives execution excellence through organizational alignment, courageous action, thought leadership and individual accountability
- Assist People Leaders to develop people, teams and culture to maximize potential through coaching, development and engagement
- Develop trust relationships with management and supervisors to provide coaching and support on employee relations activities
- Assist management ensuring employees are treated fairly and equitably by a consistent administration of HR policies, procedures and best practices
- Lead and/or guide resolution of employee complaints or issues including informal information gathering to internal investigations
- Demonstrates personal leadership through personal ownership for the success of the organization, achieved through candor, creative debate and listening, coaching and a commitment to self-improvement
- Administers and supports occupational and non-occupational disability claims in consultation with Health, Safety and Wellness Specialist
- Participate in coordinating annual Health & Safety week activities in collaboration with Health, Safety and Wellness
- Partner with Health, Safety & Wellness to assess restrictions and facilitating ESRTW
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field of study
- 3 years of experience in human resources management with expertise in several HR disciplines including recruitment, employee relations, administration, health & safety and training & development
- CHRP in progress
- Working knowledge of applicable legislation that governs employment policies and practices and the employment relationship.
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Exceptional customer focus
- Strong professional acumen
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate with:
- Advanced experience in MS Office applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with tact and diplomacy.