Quality Assurance Manager
About Nuts For Cheese™:
Founded in 2015, Nuts For Cheese™ started with an inspired chef who has an unparalleled passion to
spread positive, sustainable change through food. Originally crafted in the back of a vegan kitchen, we
quickly built our own manufacturing facility to preserve the integrity of our recipes and chef-grade
quality. We are a group of enthusiastic, diverse artisans fueled by our passion for ethically sourced yet
delicious, plant-based food. Emphasis on delicious because we believe good food is the catalyst for
bringing people together and making incredible memories. From our earliest days (and nights!) in the
kitchen to now, we have maintained our passion-forward, people-first philosophy and culture. Join us on
this delicious journey!
Reporting to the VP of Operations the Quality Assurance Manager is responsible to lead in the
maintenance, development, implementation and monitoring of the Nuts For Cheese Food Safety
program. Working with other departments including Production, Supply Chain, Sales and Maintenance
the QA Manager ensures that our food safety program meets all relevant internal and external
standards. The QA Manager has a direct responsibility to coordinate and lead our food safety audits
ensuring all relevant certifications are maintained. Working closely with the QA team, the Manager will
track trends and developments and implement changes to our policies that will allow Nuts for Cheese to
maintain our quality vision. The QA Manager will actively participate in both the coaching and training of
employees to ensure a culture of quality is practiced and promoted within the organization.
What You'll Do (key responsibilities include but are not limited to):
- Oversee and lead the development, implementation, monitoring, maintenance and improvement
of the Nuts For Cheese Food Safety Program
- Oversee the maintenance and improvement of essential food safety certifications and ensure all
processes and departments comply with existing and new requirements. This will include Food
Safety, CFIA and Organic audits. - Assign and delegate responsibilities and training where
- Guide and delegate the Quality Assurance Laboratory Program to ensure it meets company and
- Provide communication of Quality Assurance requirements to all stakeholders both internally and
externally to ensure smooth business operations for our customers.
- Drive continuous improvement processes by conducting risk-based analysis and make
recommendations to address process deficiencies or non-conformities.
- Oversee complaint handling and complete root cause analysis to identify trends. Identify corrective
and preventative actions that can be implemented and work with other departments to reduce the
- Mentor and manage QA personnel and direct them in weekly tasks and on establishing new
- Set individual objectives, complete employee evaluations, provide coaching and direction to the
Food Safety team.
- University degree in Food Science or other related field, or equivalent relevant experience
- 5 years experience in Quality Management and Food Safety within the food industry.
- Proficient knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) and GMP (Good
Manufacturing Practice) systems
- Knowledge with GFSI schemes, especially BRC or SQF
- PCQI certification is an asset
- Knowledge of CFIA/FDA food safety and labeling regulations
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint
- Good communication skills, team oriented and able to work independently
- Ability to coach and lead a team by goal setting and performance management
- Excellent organizational skills and accuracy
Nuts For Cheese™ is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to age,
ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital
status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, record of offences, sex (including
pregnancy and breastfeeding), or sexual orientation. While remaining alert and sensitive to the issues of
fair and equitable treatment for all, CCPA has a special concern with the participation and advancement
of members of four designated groups that have traditionally been disadvantaged in employment:
women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.