Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
This position is responsible for establishing multiple sources to ensure continuous supply and availability of all production and maintenance materials, parts, chemicals, tooling, MRO, capital equipment, protective equipment, office supplies and equipment, services and other items to satisfy the need of all departments in the organization. The position level (Junior, Intermediate and Senior) is based on skills, abilities, experience and education.
- Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations and Formet’s Visions/Values through Magna’s Employee Charter.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Establishes multiple sources to ensure continuous supply and availability of all production and maintenance materials, parts chemicals, tooling, MRO, capital equipment, protective equipment, office supplies and equipment, services and other items to satisfy the need of all departments in the organization.
- Develops and executes effective bidding, negotiation, and pricing strategies to provide Formet with the best value in the marketplace for the dollars spent, operating in a manner that meets the policies, ethical standards and audit requirements of Formet.
- Select and have available capable sources for Formet maintenance, installation and service contracts.
- Prepares and executes contracts according to Formet policies and procedures and in accordance with government regulations.
- Exercises ample expertise and flexibility to procure all emergency requirements in cooperation with requisitioning departments and others supporting segments in the organization to ensure project completion.
- Communicates effectively with requisitioning departments and arranges for proper and accurate information exchange between originator and vendor.
- Reconciles variances between Purchase Orders and Invoices (Price, Quantity, F.O.B. point, Terms of Payment)
- Reviews Trade Bulletins, conducts interviews, visits suppliers.
- Ensures purchase orders are entered in a timely manner.
- Understands and maintains the Purchasing requirements defined in TS16949.
- Conducts in co-operation with the Quality Department audits of applicable suppliers.
- Maintain vendor file, purchase price, price fluctuations and quality records.
- Work on projects, repots and contribute to various studies as required
- Resolve material claims with vendors.
- Train other employees as required.
- Perform other duties as designated.
- Minimum 2 years of purchasing experience.
- College/University Diploma or Degree in either Purchasing, Engineering, Business, Materials Management.
- Possess or be actively working toward Advanced status in “Professional Programme” of SCMA/SCMAO.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.