To develop and execute strategies for the Procurement team while managing day to day activities of the associates who make up these teams. This role will be responsible for developing metrics and actions to drive improvements in the effectiveness and efficiency of these teams and their contribution to corporate objectives. Drive and maintain the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of ensuring the appropriate raw materials are available to support production requirements without unnecessary redundancy, while maximizing available working capital. The leader of this team will have 10 direct reports and provide development and growth opportunities and support in their achievement of individual goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate is proactive, results oriented with a strive for continued improvement, experience with lean tools and processes and a keen interest in developing people, teams and business processes. You will have intimate knowledge of manufacturing processes and ERP Systems and demonstrated values of ethical accountability and teamwork.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to team members to improve overall team performance and provide growth and development opportunities
- Work with the global Strategic Sourcing team to ensure alignment of strategies across business units
- Supporting initiatives and driving results, measured by responsive supplier performance process and service improvements throughout the supply chain.
- Managing supplier relationships and performance to ensure timely deliveries and quality compliance
- Identify any continuous improvements in the Inventory management and Purchasing functions to reduce inventory and maximize the benefit to the site, whilst working with the relevant team members to achieve this.
- Develop and over see the Indirect Materials function to improve efficiency and cost.
- Develop a procurement culture, building and maintaining solid relationships across the organization to find opportunities to improve purchasing
- Ensure compliance with Danaher procurement and material compliance programs
- Ensure compliance with Trojan/Danaher polices regarding document preparation and submission, record keeping, auditing, monitoring and compliance screening
- Integrate team activities with other departments and maximize synergies with other function areas
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Achievement of policy deployment objectives
- Achievement of KPI’s (focused on Core Value Drivers)
- Talent Development
- Strengthening of DBS (Danaher Business Systems) Culture
- Minimum of 15 years purchasing experience in a technical environment
- Minimum of 3 years in an operations leadership position or leading Contract Manufacturing Companies
- Relevant post-secondary degree (Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, BEng., BA, BComm)
- CSCP, CPIM, PMP, SCMP or CITT accreditation considered an asset
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.