Associate Specialist, Editor - Bilingual
About the Organization
A career with General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada (GDLS-C) offers plenty of excitement, innovation, and challenge. With lots of global collaboration within the Land Systems family, we are a world-class defence industry leader with expertise in the design and manufacture of light and medium armoured vehicles. In addition to winning Canadian Defence reviews award in 2016 for best Canadian defence company, GDLS-C offers a team-based, collaborative culture, with a passion for innovation and a great focus on development and growth for employees. General Dynamics is recognized as #13 in Forbes top 300 Canadian employers.
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the men and women who serve, drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
About the Opportunity
Our company is seeking an Editor to be a part of our Engineering Design & Technology team. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable working in a team environment, has the ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules. The ideal candidate for this job has excellent customer facing skills, is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position. Your duties will also include:
- Perform English editing on Technical Manuals and Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) according to applicable Program requirements
- Perform translation on TMs/IETMs according to applicable Program requirements
- Check TMs/IETMs for readability, consistency in terminology and Program style
- Check for accuracy of references, cross-references and additional material/annexes/indices in TMs/IETMs
- Create and maintain stat logs
- Maintain checklists and style guides
- Liaise with Technical Publications points of contact
- Perform aggregates on TMs/IETMs to verify layout and format against customer specifications
- Perform translation editing on TMs/IETMs according to applicable Program requirements
- Perform secondary language data entry and second checks
- Assist with customer comment response, implementation and checks
- Assist with interdepartmental editing and/or translation requests
- University Degree in English, French or translation (Honours or higher preferred)
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Minimum 1-2 years English editing and translation experience
- Knowledge and experience developing and using editing checklists and style guides
- Content Management System (CMS) experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to travel (5% Cdn) and (5% US & International) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
- English editing certification by an accredited organisation
- Working and written knowledge of another language, with Spanish or Arabic preferred
- Previous knowledge and experience in working with various military TM specifications
- Knowledge and experience using Arbortext Editor, SGML, XML and/or HTML software and Adobe products
About the Benefits
At GDLS-C, you'll be welcomed into a tight-knit and social team with an excellent health and safety record. As a Fortune 500 company, you'll also gain valuable industry experience and have opportunities to take your career to new heights.
In addition to a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your individual skills and experience, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Flex time and vacation package
- Tuition reimbursement for you and your children
- Long and short-term disability, life, AD&D insurance
- Group RRSP
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
If you're an experienced Bilingual Editor looking to take the next step in your career - apply to join the General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada today!
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.